If my children were removed from my care nearly 4 years ago SGO to be granted this month will I ever be able to have mor

Leigha

If my children were removed from my care nearly 4 years ago SGO to be granted this month will I ever be able to have mor

Post by Leigha » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:43 pm

Will I ever be able to have another child with different circumstances than before

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: If my children were removed from my care nearly 4 years ago SGO to be granted this month will I ever be able to have

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:21 am

Dear Leigha,

Welcome to the parents' board and thank you for your post.

You would like to know if you will be able to have another child 'with different circumstances than before.'

Unfortunately I do not have enough information to give you detailed advice, but I am presuming from what you say that you have had children's services involvement with a previous child and this may have led to removal. I do apologise if this is incorrect.

If you have had children's services involvement with another child and you become pregnant again, children's services will do a pre-birth assessment. They must look at your current circumstances, and whilst this will involve looking at risk/previous worries, they should also consider any positive changes that have been made.

For more information, you may find it useful to read our page for parents-to-be here.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie.