Children on a care order with social services having shared parental control rental c

Frazor

Children on a care order with social services having shared parental control rental c

Post by Frazor » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:30 pm

So since my baby was born social services asked me to sign my baby over for adoption, of course i didn't sign the paper, so they went to court to try and take my baby, the judge disagreed and i was able to take my baby girl home. But they didn't stop there they were adamant to take my baby so they came to my home every day with services involved. When my baby was about 4 months old, the social worker said we are taking you to court i asked for what reason but she said she didn't have to explain because the concern had been made anonymously, of course she was telling lies, and you know i haven't seen that social worker since, a male social worker came to court who id only met once for half hour at my sons infant school he came into court and told a pack of lies that he read of a piece of paper. The judge agreed with him and granted a care order for both my children, that my children live at home with me but they share parental responsibility. My little girl is now 7 and yes the care order is still in place, for the past 4 years social services say that in the next LAC meeting the care order will be discharged but then another social worker comes along and we are back to square one. The only concern they have is to make sure my children are in school every day. My son is now 14 and social services have made his school life hell interfering, he started high school, if he got into any trouble they stook there nose in, he got stick off other pupils for it. They have never ever helped us in any way, how on earth can they say its shared responsibility they don't love my children like i do, they don't pay the bills they put food on the table, they're not there when my children are poorly. Looked after children how on earth can they say that the look after a child. All they have done is made our lives hell caused me so much anxiety and trauma. I was just wondering if any one relates to what im saying. After 7 years they obviously know my children want for nothing they should just leave us alone, i don't want them going to my children's school all the time having to attend meetings every other week it's not fair on my children. The whole school knows they're involved i don't want that for my children it's not fair. Do you agree?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Children on a care order with social services having shared parental control rental c

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:54 pm

Dear Frazor

Welcome back to the parents’ discussion board. Thank you for your post. I can see that you are finding it difficult having continued social work involvement with your two children. The children live with you but children’s services have a Care Order for them.
You are concerned that your son is stigmatised because of this. Although children’s services have at times talked about ending the care order this has never happened.

You are clearly working very hard to care for your children but don’t feel that children’s services involvement is needed or that it helps in any way.

The main concern at the moment seems to be ensuring that the children attend school regularly. If you, with or without children’s services’ help, can make sure that the children are at school regularly, then you can formally (in writing) ask them to properly consider applying to end the Care Order. If they are not happy to do so, ask them to confirm, with reason, why not.

You should also raise this at the children’s Looked After Child review so that their Independent Reviewing Officer(IRO) is aware of your request. They must consider at each review if the care plan continues to meet the children’s needs.

If children’s services are not willing to apply to end the order and you disagree with this you can consider going back to court to ask the court to decide if the care order should be revoked. You can find out more about how to do this here. You would need to show a real change in circumstances and why this is no longer needed. It would be a good idea to get legal advice if you can before doing so.

As your son is very unhappy with the current situation he can let the social worker and/or IRO know. If you think that he would benefit from having an advocate to help his views be heard at the LAC meeting, you can ask the social worker and IRO to arrange advocacy for him. We have a guide to children’s advocacy here which includes details of children’s advocacy services.

I hope this has been helpful.

Please post back if you have any questions.

Best wishes

Suzie