Increasing contact denied

Michno8

Increasing contact denied

Post by Michno8 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:12 pm

A lot of historical safeguarding issues regarding both mum and dad . Cao application from dad concluded in 2020 resulted in 2 hrs fortnightly supervised. Course to be completed and told to join a men's wellbeing group and no earlier than 6 months to then attend mediation to increase contact, to come back to court as a last resort. 2022 maternal grandma puts in a cao for a lives with order and PSO due to safeguarding regarding mum, who lives with her with grandson. Father was asked by SS to support this, which he did. However he asked for extra hours. S7 completed recommendations were to do bbr course, and keep mother away from his home to then look at contact being less restrictive and more hours.maternal grandma and mum agreed to mediation in the near future when this was completed. Court concluded Oct 2022. Order said all 3 agreed to mediation and for father to ask SS for a review to progress with hours but had every right to make a C100 application. Father got undertakings against mother and she has not been to dad's home for 16 month's although a breach of trying to contact and contacting Dads GF was committed. Dad reported and mum was given a warning in court. Dad completes course and other work and contacts SS who say the case closed a year ago and no safeguarding concerns have been reported and told to apply for mediation. This was declined by mum and grandma so father put in c100. Cafcass recommended hours stay the same and barring order. Based on incorrect information. Dad tried to ask them to correct the wrong facts but they went with it in court and judge agreed. Grandma and mum opposed any extra hours and asked for the barring order also. What can dad do when the Cafcass recommendations were based on false information. It's, also going against what was agreed previously and what SS were expecting. Do we contact them to let them know that they are hindering progression. There are lots and lots of things that goes on in contact which demonstrates that they don't want father in child's life. Any advice on what he can do. Thankyou

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Increasing contact denied

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:43 am

Dear Michno8

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board. Thank you for your post. My name is Suzie. I am Family Rights Group’s online adviser. I am sorry that I was not able to respond to your post sooner.

I can see there have been ongoing difficulties in relation to contact arrangements between a child and their father. These have been the subject of private law proceedings. There is also a history of safeguarding allegations in relation to both parents. I can understand that this situation must be distressing and challenging for all involved.

My understanding is that the child now lives with their maternal grandmother under a Child Arrangements Order, and that the child’s mother resides there too.

You explain that the child’s father completed the recommended work and has sought increased contact with his child.

The court has considered this but decided that the arrangements should stay the same. The court may also have made a barring order. You and the child’s father are concerned that the decision made in court was based on false information and are wondering what to do about it. As this relates to a private law matter which is not an area on which we advise I would suggest that he contacts Child Law Advice or a solicitor about this.

Children’s services are not currently involved. However, if the child’s father would like them to become involved, as he is concerned that contact with his child is not progressing or is being impeded, then he can get in touch with them directly to query if they can offer any support. They may decline to become involved if they do not believe there is a role for them e.g. if there are no safeguarding concerns and as the court has recently considered the situation and concluded the case. You may find it useful to look at this information on how children’s services work.

I hope that this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie