child had ears pierced

A123

child had ears pierced

Post by A123 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:01 pm

i have a daughter who is 8 in the summer. i've not been allowed to see her due to the carer (kinship placement) i have just discovered she has had her ears pierced without my consent or knowledge of this what are my rights? i have never even so much as signed a form for even a hair cut (think its the delegated form of authority)the LA new my stance on the ear piercing and it was a no and i gave my reasons, i am not impressed and will be speaking to the social worker tomorrow but just want to see if anyone new my rights and where i go from here

Skysie98

Re: child had ears pierced

Post by Skysie98 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:27 pm

Unfortunately all though you have parental responsibility to a degree. They (carer/kinship) have the last say as they are your child's legal guardian. You can voice your views but it is ultimately down to them on nearly everything. The only thing they can 100% not do without your permission or a courts is change their surname, take them abroad for more than I think it's 3 weeks.

Hope this helps

Skysie