S47 been turned around onto myself

Bilbo baggins

S47 been turned around onto myself

Post by Bilbo baggins » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:56 pm

3 weeks ago I rang children services because me youngest son was dragged out of bed but mums boyfriend. He got horrible carpet burns.
Children services gave me advice to ring the police and c100(a) which I done.

Now the children are on a s47 child protection order and in the process children services have turns led it around onto me. They have used the excuse that I am manipulating the children and causing them emotional abuse.

Little history my ex ran off with the boy friend 1 week after meeting him he moved in. I’ve never met him nore wish to. But he was going throw court for domestic violence and battery to his ex. He stranglednher to she passed out smashed a bottle on her face. Grabbed her face and smashed it against the wall.

Children services don’t seem worried at all about this and I have raised it for 17 months.

In the s47 conference today they litteraly beat me with a wooden spoon. Used everything against me. I’ve only met the social worker once she has egnored me on multiple occasions and refuses to communicate with me. I have made complaints and now I seem to be suffering the results of the complaints.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: S47 been turned around onto myself

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:20 pm

Dear Bilbo baggins

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. My name is Suzie, I am an online adviser and will be replying to you today. I am sorry to hear of your situation. It must a be a difficult and stressful time for you.

Your children are on a child protection plan following children’s services concerns that you are manipulating them and causing emotional harm. You dispute this and say that it was you who contacted children’s services to raise concerns about your son receiving carpet burns after being dragged out of bed by his mother’s boyfriend. When you informed children’s services of the incident, they advised you to contact the police and to make an application for a Child Arrangements Order (c100 form) to put the matter before the Court to decide whom your children should live. You did this.

You say that your ex-partner’s new boyfriend is a perpetrator of domestic abuse and seriously physically assaulted a previous partner. You raised this with children’s services for the past 17 months, but you say they have not acted on your concerns.

The initial child protection conference took place today. During this meeting you did not feel listened to by professional and felt they placed blame on you rather than on your ex partner’s boyfriend.

During the process of assessment and the initial child protection conference you met the social worker once, she ignored you and is now refusing to communicate with you. You made a complaint and feel this has now gone against you.

It is unfortunate that you felt 'blamed' by children's services. Blaming people should not be the purpose of a child protection conference nor it's aim.The purpose of a child protection conference is for everyone present to look at all relevant information about the child’s situation. Information should include information from existing social work records and any information from enquiries that have been made before the conference. The conference must decide if they think the child is likely to suffer significant harm in the future. If they do they must:

 Come up with plans to make sure the child is safe and well cared for
 Decide whether there needs to be a child protection plan
 Set a date for any future review conference.

This decision will depend on whether the conference thinks a child has suffered significant harm. Or if the conference thinks the child is likely to suffer significant harm in the future. The conference should have read and discussed all the relevant information to help decide this. I have added a link HERE to further information and guidance regarding the child protection conference process. It is a multi agency conference which will include the police therefore relevant information regarding harm and likely harm from adults in contact with the children should be discussed and where appropriate a plan put in place to minimise risk to the child/ren.

I am sorry to hear you did not feel you were listened to and that following a complaint you now feel marginalised. I have added a document HERE which you may find helpful. It is to our ‘top tips’ when working with social workers. I have also added HERE our guidance about making a complaint to children's services. This includes what you may wish to consider if you are not satisfied with their response. It would be a good idea to read through the documents to decide whether you wish to take the complaint further and or raise concerns about the social workers conduct.

I have added HERE a link to our temple letter's page. We have created a template letter to assist with making a request to children's services for an advocate at child protection conferences and core group meetings. You may wish to use this as a guide to find out whether there are advocacy services in your local who can offer you this type of support. To note, there is a criteria to meet for this service and I have added a link HERE to further information and guidance regarding this. Alternatively, you can ask for a trusted family member or friend to attend the meeting with you.

I hope you find this information helpful. To speak to an adviser regarding matters relating to children’s services in England, please call our free and confidential advice line 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3pm, excluding Bank Holidays). Or you can ask us another question via email using our advice enquiry form . You can repost on here and e also have a webchat service that you may wish to access. The webchat is not a bot, you will be answered by one of our advisers. Details HERE .

Best wishes, Suzie