Requesting hearing adjournment

WorriedMum227

Requesting hearing adjournment

Post by WorriedMum227 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:14 pm

Hello,

I’m wondering if you can help me with a family law question. In sept ‘22 my daughter (4) disclosed sexual abuse by her father. He was arrested and charged. In November ‘22 I applied for a specific issues order to change her surname. The hearings were postponed until after the criminal trial.
He was found “not guilty” in criminal court in oct ‘23. In November ‘23 we attended the second hearing for my daughter’s name change and were given April 9th for a final hearing.

In January ‘24 he submitted a c100 and applied for contact with my daughter. A FHDRA is set for April 16th.

I am wanting to apply for a c2, to ask for the specific issues order to be postponed until after the issue of contact has been dealt with. It doesn’t seem logical to decide on the name when it hasn’t been decided whether he will even have any contact with her.
I’ve read that I need to inform all parties if I am making a C2. Is it right that I need to inform him and if so, what forms/letters do I send to let him know I’ve applied for this? I don’t have any contact with him at all but his address is on the recent c100 so I know where to send forms if needed.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Requesting hearing adjournment

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:47 am

Dear WorriedMum227

Thank you for your post and welcome to the discussion board. My name is Suzie, I am an online adviser at Family Rights Group and will be replying to you today.

We give advice to families in England who have social workers directly involved with the children they wish to discuss or when families are seeking support from Children’s Services. From the information you have shared your situation is a private law matter and does not fall within our remit. I have added a link HERE that you may find helpful. It is to an organisation called Child Law Advice. They provide comprehensive advice to families involved in private law proceedings and have useful ‘how to’ guides to purchase for £2 each.

Best wishes, Suzie