Social Services Involvement

SpaceX

Social Services Involvement

Post by SpaceX » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:49 pm

Hey, just wondering if you could help my partner has been referred to social services because I trip her daughter hand into the door by accident, (I'm in the armed forces) so I'm trained within first aid. I ask my partner should go to the hospital since mother always knows best we didn't end up going.

Since the referral they have confirmed that the incident was by accident but since then social services have written in all the reports I'm not in the Armed Forces, I'm out the armed forces on all the reports.

I have allegations on my record, which are not true the social worker say I have assault history since I'm in the armed forces I can't have assault history on my criminal or I would get a dishonorable discharge through the armed forces.

We have recently have had ICPC where professionals has ask why have I been invited to the meeting, social worker still insist I have assault history on my record, I've never been in a fight never done anything wrong.

I'm not understanding the situation my partner said she needs to end the relationship or they will take her daughter away from them and I don't see how this is fair. At the conference they didn't ask if we was in a relationship or not.

They said they would be put on a child protection plan in place because they think I've seen the child which is not true because the child keeps mentioning me and apparently has said she hates me, but calls me daddy and we play hide and seek with each other.

The child is 5 now. But my partner asked her little one if she has said that to her 'friend' (social worker) the child denies it and keeps asking for me to come home which I can't do we are a little stuck can someone help please.

There no risk assessment being done on me. I'm not on the family plan I have been living at the property for a long period of time.

I am not the Biological father of the child

It has now been ten working days today and still no child protection plan in place

Chair ask social worker to put plan in place after the ICPC meeting and still haven't received this plan to this day

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Social Services Involvement

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:51 pm

Dear SpaceX

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board. Thank you for your post. My name is Suzie. I am Family Rights Group’s online adviser. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that you, your partner and her daughter are experiencing.

Children’s services became involved following an incident where you accidentally trapped the child’s hand in a door. She wasn’t taken to hospital at the time but you state that it is accepted that the injury happened accidentally.

However, children’s services have additional concerns about your history which you strongly refute. I think that you were asked to remain away from the family home/not have contact with the child while the assessment was been undertaken. The professionals are concerned that this plan has not been kept to, which you deny. Perhaps there was also a concern about the lack of early medical treatment.

There has now been an initial child protection conference to which you were invited, although you are not the child’s father and do not have parental responsibility for her. The conference decided that the child had suffered or was at risk of suffering significant harm and so made a child protection plan.

You have not had a copy of that plan. Your partner, who has parental responsibility for her child, may have received a copy of the draft plan. She should also have received a decision sheet from the conference confirming that her daughter now has a child protection plan. You state that it has been 10 days. Government guidance states that a core group should be held within 10 working days, the plan is usually developed at this core group. It may be relevant however that there have been a number of non-working days due to the recent bank holidays. The core group should be held imminently though.

There is a discrepancy between the information children’s services hold and what you say i.e. they state that you are not in the armed forces while you state that you are. Perhaps you can clarify this by asking a senior officer or the forces’ welfare officer to confirm your status to children’s services urgently. Similarly, If children’s services (or the police) have incorrect information around allegations of assault then this does need to be investigated and clarified. You can make a complaint, if need be, to review this.

However, in the meantime, your partner is the parent caring for her child and with the responsibility for keeping her safe. The child’s birth father should be involved in the process too.

Your partner may want to or may feel that she needs to end her relationship with you in order to allay the concerns. The core group should help make it clear what the expectations are for everyone involved including what needs to be in place to keep the child safe. If you and your partner wish to continue to be in a relationship, you could formally (in writing) ask for and be willing to cooperate with a risk assessment.

I am attaching links to our most relevant information below which you may find helpful.

Child protection
Working with a social worker
Complaints.

If you would like any further advice or information then please post back on this forum. If you prefer, you can speak to an adviser on our freephone advice line (0808 8010366), Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm (except bank holidays), send an advice enquiry or use our webchat facility.

Best wishes

Suzie

SpaceX

Post by SpaceX » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:10 pm

Afternoon Suzie ,

I have an update line manager has contacted Conference Chair who was at the ICPC. confirming i'm in the army and the reply work received was there wasn't DVDS disclosure done. We are not in a relationship. this is a lie since the reason I can't be in a relationship with my partner is because of the disclousure. my email response to the chair was this...

I'm still yet waiting for a response to the email.

We are still awaiting minutes from the conference and Child protection plan still stays in place they have a safety in place which my partner has signed and I haven't signed this safety plan. Child protection Plan hasn't been signed by my partner as stated in conference was held on the 20th December and SW told partner its's upto the chair to give a copy of the minutes and child protection plan. her reponse was shes been off work over the holiday this is why we have not received. I will take two week. in the core meeting the SW had the child protection Plan infront of her.

The way the hole case has been handle is just so unprofessional.

(Edited by Suzie to remove email in accordance with forum rules)

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:05 pm

Dear Space X,
Thank you for your update. I am sorry for the delayed response which is due to the recent holiday closure of our service.

You are uncertain about the details of the information that has been shared about you. It would be useful for you to have clarity as to whether information accessed under the Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme or any other source has been shared, who it has been shared with, where, and when.

I would suggest that you contact the social worker involved in writing and request this.
If it turns out to be relevant you can read information about the Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme here.
Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme

I hope that the Initial Child Protection Case Conference minutes, and Child Protection Plan have now been provided to the child’s mother. She can then choose to share them with you if this is her wish. Children’s Services may also share these documents with the child’s father.

If both you and your partner wish to continue to be in a relationship, you could formally (in writing) ask for and be willing to cooperate with a risk assessment.
Within the risk assessment process you would have a chance to talk about any information that has been shared, hear the reasons that Children’s Services have expressed concerns in more depth and give your response.

If you are dissatisfied with the way that Children’s Services have interacted with you please follow the link in my previous reply to information on the complaints process.
If you would like any further advice or information then please post back on this forum. If you prefer, you can speak to an adviser on our freephone advice line (0808 8010366), Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm (except bank holidays), send an advice enquiry or use our webchat facility.

SpaceX

Post by SpaceX » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:20 pm

Evening,

Child mum still not received anything no minutes nor Child Protection Plan.

There still going of information from the DVDS I'm a risk it could happen in the future says social worker.

Child mother is fearing for her life and her child because there just saying if she keeps asking for risk assessment to be put in, they will just take the child away, she needs to stop asking for a risk assessment to be done because they will just take her daughter.

Everytime social worker visit or sees child mother she keeps asking what's the relationship status, nothing being discussed about child concerns.

Family intervention has been put in place today and stated has said she wants to get mother and child off, child protection plan as soon as possible. In to regards childs behavior

Kind Regards

SpaceX

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:12 pm

Dear SpaceX

Thank you for your updating post.

The mother is yet to receive the minutes of the initial child protection meeting or a child protection plan. The risks children’s services say you pose remains relevant. The mother of the child is concerned that children’s services will remove her child if she continues to request a risk assessment is completed. You are concerned that during the allocated social worker’s visits to the family they are focussed on whether the child’s mother remains in a relationship with you and not on concerns for the child. Family intervention is now in place.

A parent is able to request the minutes of the Child Protection Conference, but these are confidential and should not be shared with anyone other than the parent’s legal representative. I would advise the mother to make a formal complaint to children's services if she has still not received them. In respect of the Child Protection plan, I would advise the same. The mother needs to have a clear understanding of the concerns and what needs to be achieved to reduce risk.

Family intervention is now in place. I would encourage the child’s mother to work with professionals to demonstrate she is able to keep her child safe. If you wish to restart your relationship with the mother, then honesty is the best policy. As previously advised, it would be a good idea to put this in writing to the social worker. You have concerns that children’s services are mostly focussing on whether you and your partner are in a relationship rather than concerns for the child. It may be that this this their primary concern, hence their focus.

In respect of the information held about you. I have copied below the advice previously given to you:
‘I would suggest that you contact the social worker involved in writing and request this.
If it turns out to be relevant you can read information about the Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme HERE

Children’s services cannot remove a child from a parents care without obtaining a court order to do so. To obtain an order the court would need to be satisfied threshold has been met. Please see HERE for further information regarding this.

The police do have the powers to remove a child without warning, and sometimes children’s services will contact them to request this. The police would need to be satisfied that the child has suffered or likely to suffer significant harm. I have added further information and guidance HERE

Best wishes, Suzie

SpaceX

Post by SpaceX » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:26 pm

I have just been told by my partner who was told by the family intervention that the social worker is being changed, I have complained about the social worker do you think this is why the social work has changed?

The MP has been involved now

SpaceX

Post by SpaceX » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:42 am

Sorry it's not being changed but being transferred but I have put a complaint in to local authorities, SW is being transferred apparently but think she'd been suspended. No social worker is checking on a child regularly.

I'm waiting for the manager to respond to me to see what they are doing.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:16 pm

Dear SpaceX

Thank you for your further posts.

The allocated social worker is no longer going to be involved with your partner. You were told by your partner that she was being changed. You believed that may have been the result of a complaint you made against the social worker.

It transpired that the social worker is not being changed as you say in your post but is being transferred. It is not very clear from your post what you would like to know.

You say the social worker is being transferred but remains involved with your partner’s case. It is sometimes that case that social workers move to different teams. It is possible she has transferred to a new team but for her to keep hold of the case until a new social worker is allocated. Your partner can ask the social worker’s team manager to explain the current situation regarding social workers and the teams within the department.

Your partner and you may find it helpful to read this GUIDE from our website about working with a social worker

Looking at the dates of your there has been a short lapse in time although you say no social worker is checking in on the children. The children are on a child protection plan so will be visited in both announced and unannounced visit.

You say you are awaiting a response from the team manager, and this may address the concerns you have. Just to explain, whilst there is a right to ask for a change of social worker, children’s services do not have to change the social worker.

Best wishes

Suzie

SpaceX

Post by SpaceX » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:37 am

Morning Suzie,

I've just been told from SW the case is ran on the fact my partner in a relationship with the biological father which haven't been a thing since October 2019. She fully stated, the local authority has already be rated by Ofsted officer and there rated has dropped.

I'm worried about the welfare of my partner and her child since she's been told if she continues a relationship with the baby father she will lose her child.

SS are running the case of them being in a relationship.

Kind regards