Social Services Involvement

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Social Services Involvement

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:53 am

Dear Space X

Thanks for your post and for providing some further clarification. I am sorry there has been a delay responding to your post.

My understanding is that there is a child protection plan in place for your partner’s child. The social worker has told you there are concerns about your partner’s alleged relationship with her child’s father. Perhaps there are concerns that it was abusive or around his contact with his child? Perhaps they are worried that she may be vulnerable to domestic abuse? You state that they have not been in a relationship since 2019.

It is really important that your partner is proactive in communicating with the social worker directly to clarify her relationship status and history and to understand exactly what the issues relating to her child’s father are. She should make sure that she asks the social worker to explain exactly what the current concerns are. As there is a child protection plan in place she needs to know what children’s services recommend she should do to keep her child safe.

Please see this FAQ which explains the only circumstances in which children's services can remove a child from their parent. I understand that this is something your partner is worried might happen. So it may be helpful for her to know the legal processes involved and that children's services cannot remove a child without the consent of a parent with parental responsibility or a court order.

You may wish to encourage your partner to contact Family Rights Group advice service directly to seek advice from an adviser. Please let her know that she can get advice by:

Calling the freephone advice line on 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm (except bank holidays)
Posting a query on this forum
Using our advice enquiry form
Using our webchat facility.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes
Suzie

SpaceX

Post by SpaceX » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:07 pm

We have done that they stated they was concerns with me but there no concerns now after the log we have found out the last social worker actions were not good, look like she's been suspended place under review, the way it was handle has been confirm not great but like I said I've been homeless since the involvement with no support. They must have a duty of care because I was made homeless, they don't care at all that I'm sleeping on the street.

She hasn't finalized her work but the system has done this. I'm following up with my complaint.

For the social worker to be walking round saying she's taking children with no evidence to support her actions is wrong.

This social workers should not be practicing her skills is unprofessional

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:15 pm

Dear SpaceX

Thanks for your further post.

I am sorry to hear that you have been homeless since children’s services became involved. I am attaching links to housing advice and support services here.

You are proceeding with your complaint. I hope it is responded to soon.

Best wishes

Suzie