Hoping to post good news soon

JulyBabyComing

Hoping to post good news soon

Post by JulyBabyComing » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:21 am

I’m doing my best to focus on the positives we have while we await the outcome of the assessments on my two oldest children, though it’s been almost a month since unsupervised and overnight stays where abruptly stopped and it’s hitting me like grief.

So here’s my list of positives:
- happy, healthy, stable relationship
- myself and my partner get on well with my daughters dad
- the SGO and CAO holder both feel I am safe around my children and should have unsupervised and my unborn baby home
- there’s been no issues since I got out of the DA relationship 6.5 years ago.
- I have had no contact at all from the perpetrator since 2019
- myself and my partner are home owners together and plan to get married in the next couple of years
- myself and my partner are both support workers for work
- there’s never been any issues with my parenting (I’ve only ever had positive parenting assessments)
- by the time the unborn baby is born, 7 years will have passed since the reason children’s services got involved in the first place.
- I have a diagnosis of PTSD, but it doesn’t impact my ability to parent or care for others
- I have been proactive in informing children’s services of the unborn baby and I am willing to work with them openly and honestly

The anxiousness doesn’t leave, but I am doing my best to focus on what we have going for us - they’re not involved in my life now because of any current issues (there are none), it’s all historical and I’m hoping the positives will be enough to outweigh the past and get our babies home ❤️

JulyBabyComing

Re: Hoping to post good news soon

Post by JulyBabyComing » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:04 pm

We got good news! My sons social worker has rang to say she’s going to recommend a child in need plan with me moving back to unsupervised! I’m so happy!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:31 pm

Dear JulyBabyComing

Thank you for your updating post.

Great that you have had happy new and now able to see your son unsupervised.

It is good for other posters to see that there can be a good outcome from working openly and honestly with children’s services.

I hope that you will continue to remain focussed on the positives so that your anxieties reduce, and I think this change to your contact will give you a well deserved boost. Hopefully you will continue to receive happy news.

Best wishes

Suzie

JulyBabyComing

Post by JulyBabyComing » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:03 pm

Thank you so much for your reply! I do hope this helps others. We got the news yesterday that I can see my daughter unsupervised now too! We’re over the moon ☺️

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Dear JulyBabyComing,

Thanks so much for sharing your further good news here.
This is so good to hear, and such a great start to your 2024.

Best wishes,
Suzie

JulyBabyComing

Post by JulyBabyComing » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:35 pm

They’ve said that the plan will last a minimum of 12 weeks and will begin with me having unsupervised for a couple of hours and build toward me getting overnight stays! ☺️

It’s still all feeling very overwhelming at times, I’m now nearly 12 weeks pregnant and we haven’t started the baby’s assessment yet

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:06 pm

Dear JulyBabyComing

Thank you for your post. Just to let you know, I have replied to your two recent posts under the 'what happens next? child in need' thread.

Best wishes

Suzie