Granddaughter

Slw70

Granddaughter

Post by Slw70 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:29 am

My 18 yr old has a 4 month old baby, when she was pregnant it all came out on the news and in the papers that the baby’s fathers son had died aged 3 months a few years earlier due to neglect through drugs being found in the baby’s system, and other forms of neglect. He’s due to stand trial early next year, we had no idea what the baby died of, I assumed it was sudden cot syndrome. My daughter and granddaughter live at home with me, I’m doing the majority of caring for my granddaughter and social work are giving the impression that because I am a safeguarded, all is well, despite them knowing the problems I’m having with my daughter at home and the continual drug usage of the baby’s father. When I tell her she has to step up and watch her daughter alls I get is abuse and threatening to give my granddaughter to the father, who is as much use as a chocolate teapot in looking after her, the baby has been on the at risk register since before she was born, due to them both being involved with drugs and his pending court case, I just want to know if anyone has been in a similar situation and has had legal rights put in place.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Granddaughter

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:59 pm

Dear Slw70

Thank you for posting, my name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group.

I have responded to your post via a private message.

Best wishes

Suzie.