Sick of everything

Lostandlonely19

Sick of everything

Post by Lostandlonely19 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:38 pm

I’m currently in the process of fighting too get my child home. I don’t want too go into too much detail but the social worker has said they would recommend my child doesn’t return due to concerns that I’m having a relationship with the person who is my child’s dad, we are not in a relationship and it was just a one night stand, I don’t know what I’m meant to do to prove I’m not. My family have all turned there backs on me and now someone has made a report to social services saying that I am still with my child’s father, apparently we went on holiday together & apparently said family member has been to the house whilst my child’s father was here.

First of all this is all lies, I did go on holiday but I went too see a friend and her partner, who were already on holiday, I just went out for a few days for a break and met them out there, can my solicitor get proof of this from airline companies? I don’t have any emails or anything to confirm I went as I delete emails to stop my inbox being full & I can’t remember who I booked with as I have no passwords for any holiday sites saved in my phone, it’s a good 18 months/2 years ago that I went with them. I just wondered if I could ask my solicitor to get the proof or is it something the courts have to grant? Or can they not grant it? It would prove I wasn’t with him so would help me but wasn’t too sure if my solicitor or courts could get anything either due too different laws and stuff.

I suppose what I’m asking is can my solicitor or courts get any proof I went on holiday to meet a friend and her partner and not with my child’s father? Or is this basically a lost cause now with me not being able to find proof?

OhTheyLie

Re: Sick of everything

Post by OhTheyLie » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:23 pm

Sorry your child is being kept from you.

One thing you can do so you don't suffer from not having records in future is open up a couple more free email addresses. Then either forward emails to these addresses or use them directly. I have more than one email address. I use one for mailing lists, another for shopping and social things, and a third for more professional things. That way I haven't had to delete emails for a decade. I use an app to store my passwords and make sure I check into the accounts regularly.

This is actually really important for dealing with social services themselves as lots of meetings are online and you need to keep the meeting invites in case you aren't sent minutes of the meeting or they are sent to you months later. Social services, your solicitor and the courts will also send you documents electronically and you will need to keep them until your child is older.

In regards to your holiday then either you or your friends should have photos of you all together. Get in touch with your friends and ask them for copies of the photos. Get them to tell you where exactly you were, who was on holiday together and who took the photo.

I currently have a complaint with social services. If it wasn't for both mine and my partner's record keeping we wouldn't be able to put my complaint together.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Sick of everything

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:27 am

Dear Lostandlonely19,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the parents' board.

You say that you are currently in the process of trying to get your children to return home. The social worker has said that they would not recommend this as they are concerned you are having a relationship with your child's father. You say this is not the case. Someone has reported to children's services that you are with your child's father, that you have been on holiday together and that they have been to the house whilst he was there. You say none of this is true - you did go on holiday but this was to see a friend and her partner. You say you do not have any proof of this but would like to know if your solicitor could contact the airline to confirm this.

I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation. I am presuming from your post that you are currently in care proceedings and that your child is in care at the moment. At the final hearing, the local authority will put forward to the court what they think should happen in terms of the longer-term care of your child. Ultimately, a judge will make a decision based on what they think is in your child's best interests.

If you do not agree with the local authority's position, it is really important that you speak to your solicitor about your next steps and how you may go about challenging this in court. In regards to submitting evidence - such as anything regarding flights - your solicitor will be able to advise you on how this can be obtained and how this can then be put forward to the courts.

It is important that at the final hearing you are able to show that you have addressed any concerns that may be have been raised during the proceedings, and that you able to demonstrate that you can provide your child with a safe home.

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie.