Will I get my girls home

Flickflick

Will I get my girls home

Post by Flickflick » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:45 am

Hi am new to this my children are on a care order from years ago was guna be discharge then covid hit and I came down with covid then long covid ever since av had health anxiety bad so social services have removed my children once again so twice now whats my chances of getting them home again if am well enough I tryed and ask for help but am only just receiving it now

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Will I get my girls home

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:30 pm

Dear Flickflick

Welcome to the parents' discussion forum and thank you for posting.

I am sorry that your children have been removed from your care again as a result of your health deteriorating due to long covid. It must be a very distressing time for you.

You ask in your post if you will get your girls back in your care. This is difficult to answer as there will be a lot of issues to consider as children's services were of the view that you are unable to safely care for the children. Moving children multiple times is not considered appropriate as it is disruptive and causes them to be unsettled. Their emotional well being is also likely to suffer.

I suggest you speak with the social worker to find out what you would be expected to do for them to consider assessing you again for the children to be in your care. Whatever, the reason, children's services do not appear to believe that you are able to manage your health well enough to offer safe parenting to your daughters. You will need to build trust again I think so I suggest you obtain help for the anxiety and ask your GP to help you deal with the issues relating to long covid.

If you do everything and believe that you are well enough and able to safely care for your daughters and children's services is unwilling to assess you, then you could apply to the court to discharge the care orders. Children's services would then have to assess you for the court and you will be able to provide evidence to the court why you believe you have made enough significant changes for your daughters to be with you. You should be aware that any decision made by the court will have the children's welfare as the main consideration. The court will make orders only to reflect what they consider to be in the best interests of the child concerned.

You may find it helpful to read this information about children's services DUTIES when children are in care under a court order.

I hope this helps but should you wish to speak with one of our experienced advisers you can telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).

Best wishes

Suzie