Being charged with indecent images

Ironmaiden

Being charged with indecent images

Post by Ironmaiden » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:26 pm

I was arrested over 18 months ago in relation to indecent images via a messaging app telegram.

I have been living in a car with no access to my children.

Ss have time and time again said there has been nothing untoward regarding my children, schools have nothing but glowing reports.

On the police report it states images were deleted and not accessible and there is no evidence of interest to that.

I was offered to plead guilty and not have to go through crown court but I refuse to admit something that's not true.

I'm now awaiting crown court hearing, I am a good father have over come sexual abuse, neglect,abuse, mental health issues, family death, hallucinations via disassociation
Drug addiction.

I have refused to get a flat because my family are in my ESA and it would cause them to have nothing for up to 6 weeks, ss look at me as some monster and now my kids are refusing to see them due to them refusing to help.

I personally was not aware of the things that app is used for and genuinely looking at time inside because I want to fight for my rights.

I've been stabbed, slashed,robbed, beaten

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Being charged with indecent images

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:44 pm

Dear Ironmaiden,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the parents' board.

You say you were arrested over 18 months ago due to possession of indecent images of children. You have since been living in a car, and have not had contact with your children. You are awaiting a hearing, and say that you did not use know what the messaging app you refer to was used for. You are say that children's services view you as a monster and that you have not gotten a flat as it would affect your family, I am assuming due to ways this could affect your benefits claim. You are feeling downtrodden.

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are finding things difficult.

Children's services may have concerns about any risk you may pose to your children due to the nature of the allegations made against you. They may have recommended that you have supervised, or no contact with your children. This is understandably difficult. You can ask the social worker what steps you could take to work towards having contact, and request an in-depth risk assessment. Please bear in mind that if your children's mother is not allowing contact to happen, children's services will not be able to override this. Also, your bail conditions may have some restrictions on the kind of contact you can have, although you do not mention this. If you find that you are not getting anywhere, you may want to speak to a family law solicitor about your legal option. You can also seek some free advice on private law orders from Child Law Advice on 0300 330 5480.

You mention that you are awaiting a crown court hearing. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any advice on criminal proceedings and I would encourage you to speak to your solicitor about any worries or questions you have. You may find it helpful to call Nacro on 0300 123 1889, an organisation who advises people who are involved with the criminal justice system.

You say that you are living in your car as getting a flat may impact your family's situation. This must be stressful for you. Please do contact Citizens Advice on 0800 144 8848 for more advice on any benefits you may be receiving and eligibility you may have to housing or support with housing. Remember, children's services can also provide financial and practical support if needed under Section 17 of the Children Act.

Finally, you may also find it helpful to contact Lucy Faithful on 0808 1000 900, who advise people who have offended online. If you have not yet already, I would encourage you to speak to your GP about how you are feeling, who can refer you for ongoing support and intervention. The Samaritans are available to listen any time of day on 116 123.

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

Ironmaiden

Post by Ironmaiden » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:18 pm

Thank you,

My wife has been open and worked with the SS did there courses etc and was told she could be 3rd party and we can all see each other etc.

My eldest 2 questioned why the social worker seemed like she was intergating them and not actually helping they made there own decision they won't see her this caused the SS to back pedal on what they told us about 3rd party claiming we miss heard what she said. ( A common phrase we've found they use to put more hoops to jump through)

In there own reports they state there is no risk or previous endargment. It's like talking to a brick wall.

My wife spoke with the children and came to aggrement the social worker could see them in the family home with mum.

They're now saying we're refusing contact for the children and ss and are not working with them.

Unfortunately I have been signed off work due to mental health issues by the DWP and as such my wife n family are on my claim so me getting a flat means they have to reapply for Hb,JSA, tax credits etc and estimated wait is 6 weeks. As a father n husband I can't take every thing away and leave them to struggle.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:47 pm

Dear Ironmaiden

Thank you for your updating post.

We would always advise that actions, plans and agreements are followed up in writing to avoid miscommunications and accusations of ‘mishearing’ what has been agreed. I have added a link HERE to our ‘top tips’ guidance when working with social workers. It provides information and advice, in the context of guidance and legislation, on how to navigate communications with social workers and what you may wish to consider if things are not going well.

It is positive that your wife has worked with children’s services and the children to move matters forward. This demonstrates her willingness to prioritise the children’s needs. I am sorry to hear things have now changed and children’s services have concerns that you and your wife are refusing contact between the social worker and the children. Something you dispute. This is a tricky situation. Once labels such as ‘non engaging’ are used to describe a parent or parents they are often difficult to shake off and can become imbedded into assessments and reports. I would advise you to ask, in writing (email) for a meeting with the allocated social worker and their manager to find a way forward. If you are not satisfied with their response, you may wish to raise further by making a formal complaint. I have added information and guidance HERE regarding the complaints process.

I am sorry to hear of your mental ill health and your housing situation. This must be very stressful for you all. As previously advised, I would suggest you contact Citizen’s Advice for housing support (see above). You may also wish to look at information and guidance from Shelter. I have added a link HERE to their website. I have further added a link HERE to Turn2Us. This organisation provides lots of helpful information regarding benefits and entitlements.

I hope you find this information helpful. To speak to an adviser, please call our free and confidential advice line 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3pm, excluding Bank Holidays). For Textphone dial 18001 followed by the advice line number. Or you can ask a question via email using our advice enquiry form, or post again on here. There is also a webchat service that you may wish to access. The webchat is not a bot, you will be answered by one of our advisers. Please refer to our website for further information FRG.org.uk

Best wishes, Suzie