Keeping Family Values and getting social workers to uphold your rights.

ABERMammy1979

Keeping Family Values and getting social workers to uphold your rights.

Post by ABERMammy1979 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:05 pm

My social worker refuses to ensure that out family values are kept. We are pacifists and my children were placed in a military family. Even though I managed to accept this much, they are trying to send them to army cadets, which I am strongly apposed, they ignore this because the children want to go.
How do I enforce this.

Also this is not the first time that I have tried to assert my parental rights. My rights are not superseded by the social workers are they? Surely to an extent they should do as I ask? But they NEVER do it makes me feel like I am invisible and irrelevant 😌

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Keeping Family Values and getting social workers to uphold your rights.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:47 pm

Dear ABERMammy1979

Thank you for posting on the parents’ discussion forum again.

In your post you say that as pacifists you do not want your children to attend army cadets as this is against your family values which you believe children’s services are ignoring. Your children are living with foster carers under final care orders. This means that children’s services now have parental responsibility for your children and can make decisions about where they live and what they are able to do.

Whilst you continue to have parental responsibility children’s services do not need to have your agreement although they should keep you informed of decisions made relating to your children.

As you feel strongly that your rights as pacifists is being ignored, you could seek legal advice to ascertain if you can apply to the court for an injunction to prevent children’s services allowing your children to attend army cadets.

You state in your post that the children want to attend army cadets and you may want to consider how they will be affected by your decision to prevent them doing so.

It may be helpful to you to read information on our website relating to children’s services duties when a child is in their care under a court order.

I hope this is helpful. Should you wish to speak with one of our experienced advisers you can telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).

Best wishes

Suzie