Pregnancy

BunnyB21

Pregnancy

Post by BunnyB21 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:43 pm

Hello everyone. I really don't know what to do. My 3 children has been adopted 1 year ago and since then I gave birth to my little son which social services was happy for me to keep because of how well I did with him and after 5 years they have closed my case just after my sons birthday on 15th August this year. They have left me and my little one alone which I'm so happy about! But last Friday I found out I'm pregnant when did the test. I am so confused and worried about what to do with this pregnancy, because if I go to gp and midwife they might involve social services again after 1 month of them leaving us. Thinking about the abortion also and really dont know what decision to make and which one of them will be right. Any advice would be appreciated it. Thank you

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Pregnancy

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:02 pm

Dear BunnyB21

Thank you for your post. My name is Suzie, I am an online adviser and will be replying to you today.

I am sorry to hear of your distress. Children’s services have been involved with your family for several years. Your three eldest children are adopted. Your youngest child has remained in your care. Just after your child’s birthday children’s services close their file and are no longer involved with your family. It is to your credit that you worked with children’ services and made the changes you needed to make to demonstrate to them that you are a safe parent and able to meet your child’s needs.

You have recently found out you are pregnant; you are unsure whether to continue with the pregnancy and are worried about whether children’s services will come back into your life should you continue with the pregnancy. You are seeking advice on this matter.
Firstly, I have added a link HERE to the British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS). This organisation is a charity who can help you to think through your options regarding the pregnancy. Further you may wish to speak to your GP or your local sexual health clinic for support.

Children’s services are very likely to complete a pre-birth assessment. When children’s services are notified that the mother is expecting another baby, they will get in touch to start a pre-birth assessment. When doing this assessment, children’s services will take into account what has happened in the past. But they must look at the parent’s current situation. I have added a link HERE
to further information and guidance regarding your situation.

I hope this information has been helpful to you. You may wish to speak with one of our experienced advisers about your situation and, if so, you can telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Or you can complete a web enquiry form or speak to one of our advisers on webchat. This is a real person, not a bot. You can of course, post again on here. Please see our website for further information on how to contact us.

Best wishes, Suzie