Advice - SOR and who SS will notify

Hippocat99

Advice - SOR and who SS will notify

Post by Hippocat99 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:54 pm

Hello,
I am new here and in need of advice. My partner was falsely accused and found guilty and as such will be on the sexual offences register.
I have 4 children aged 12 to 18 and have already gone through too social services reviews with him both of which found no cause for concern.
If he moves in here at some point we will engage with ss and I assume they will do another review. I am trying to find out who they will inform that he is on the SOR. Predominantly if they will inform my ex husband's parents. My ex husband knows everything and is 100% supportive and we co-parent and remain good friends. However, his parents will overreact and won't listen to reason so we would rather they weren't informed. Can we ask they're not informed?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Xx

Toughlife

Re: Advice - SOR and who SS will notify

Post by Toughlife » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:39 pm

Hi
I am in the register as well, I am allowed to stay at home with my family and have full unsupervised care for my kids. Your ex husband is supportive and that is good. Your ex husband’s parents don’t need to know because they don’t have immediate care of your kids.
Try to work with social so that your partner who is in the register can be allowed at home and even have unsupervised access. It is possible and good luck.
All the best as you move on.

Hippocat99

Post by Hippocat99 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:38 am

Thank you.
I have engaged with ss throughout and will engage further once he is out on probation, he is currently in prison. While on probation he won't be living here but once probation is complete he would like to come and live with me.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:03 pm

Dear Hippocat99,

Thank you for your web post and welcome to the parents' board.

You say that you have 4 children, aged 12 to 18. Your partner has been found guilty of an offence which means he will be on the sex offenders register. Children's services have done two reviews and are not currently involved, from what I understand. You say that you will engage with children's services if your partner were to move to your home. You would like to know who children's services may inform that he is on the sex offenders register. You would prefer that your ex-husband's parents are not told. You would like to ask for them to not be informed.

In response, yes you can request from children's services that this information is not shared with your ex-husband's parents. The social worker may ask you to explain why and to reassure them that this will not put your children at risk in any way. You may want to take a look here (page18) for the statutory guidance children's services should follow in relation to safeguarding.

In regards to your partner moving back into your home, it is likely children's services will want to do a risk assessment around this. Depending on how they assess the risk he poses, they may recommend that he do not move back in. Whilst this may just be a recommendation, children's services will expect you to act in a protective capacity and if they are concerned that your children are at risk, they may take further steps to safeguard them. You may find it helpful to contact the Lucy Faithful organisation on 0808 1000 900, who support those related to people who have committed sex-related offences.

Best wishes,

Suzie.