Paternal grandparents SGO

RR93

Paternal grandparents SGO

Post by RR93 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:08 pm

Hello,

I'm currently in proceedings to vary a CAO for my DD 7yrs and my DS 5yrs who are under an SGO with their paternal grandparents.

I am seeking to increase quality time with my children after 5 years.

(Back story My son was 2 months old and my daughter was 3) social services / police got involved due to my children being at risk of harm or witnessing harm, domestic abuse and neglect and my mental health all were apparent at that stage in 2018 my 3 children were removed from my care, in 2019 the orders were made and cases were closed. Contact was going seemingly well til COVID hit and that was when the guardians became very withdrawn and my children were only allowed to facetime me that went on for nearly 2 years (I believe).

Since the children were removed I have reflected, accepted and addressed the severe issues that led to my children being removed from my care.

I attended MBTI counselling/ talking therapies aswell as DIT. I got myself a secure job in Legoland and was on my own warriors path all the while trying to stay as present as was permitted in my children's lives. I met my current partner in 2021 and am in a healthy stable relationship I had my 4th child had social services involved during my pregnancy and postpartum moved house and started my own business and social closed our cased with golden parenting assessments.

My question is have I done enough to have more time with my children? If not what more can I do... please any advice or success stories.

Many thanks.

RR93

Re: Paternal grandparents SGO

Post by RR93 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:07 am

Please any advice I'm back in court tomorrow.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Paternal grandparents SGO

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:57 pm

Dear RR93

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Forum.

I am sorry to have missed the opportunity to signpost you to our advice sheet Special guardianship orders: information for parents and to signpost you to Child Law Advice too.

I hope that things went well for you in court.

Best wishes
Suzie