Voluntary interview

Terrifiedparent

Voluntary interview

Post by Terrifiedparent » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:08 pm

Hi
We are now 17 months since "the knock" partner has a voluntary interview tomorrow and my anxiety is through the roof. I feel sick, scared, we have supervised contact but he isn't allowed to live in the home, I'm allowed to do the contact and CS are happy for me to carry on with that and have closed the CIN case.
We have had a peaceful 9 months of supervised contact and we have adapted to this new way of living, the voluntary interview is shaking everything back up and I feel sick to my stomach about what will happen.
Does a 2nd interview mean he's definitely being charged, is there NFA for the fact that there were only 2 or 3 downloaded iioc (that he's told me about- still disgusted over it and not supporting his actions) are there more and he isn't telling me.
So many things going through my mind, has anybody had a positive outcome?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Voluntary interview

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:31 pm

Dear Terrifiedparent

Thank you for posting again. I can see from your post that you are very anxious and worried about your partner having a voluntary interview with the police. This is understandable as you don’t know what will happen.

It is good that you have all been working well with the safety plan and children’s services has closed the case.

Unfortunately, it is not within the remit of our service to advise on the possible outcome of a police investigation, whether there will be a charge. I assume that your partner has a solicitor who can advise him about the possible outcome of the investigation. A lot will depend, I suppose, on the evidence that the police has and whether they think they have enough evidence to charge your partner.

I think it would be helpful for you and your partner to speak to his solicitor.

You may already know the outcome of the interview since your post, and I hope it was a positive outcome for you and your family.

Best wishes

Suzie

Terrifiedparent

Re: Voluntary interview

Post by Terrifiedparent » Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:39 pm

Hi Suzie,
Thank you for your reply.
Back to everything being a waiting game now.
There's no more evidence other than what he was originally arrested for which I'm relieved about, they questioned him and have now sent it for the courts to decide on whether they want to charge him or not.
His solicitor thinks as its a first offence it may possibly be community order but there's still a chance of an arrest.
I'm worrying about finances now, CS being involved again and just life in general.
I can only wait and see unfortunately