Social services after police dispute

Sassy2022

Social services after police dispute

Post by Sassy2022 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:12 pm

I have had 2 domestic incidents with my ex resulting in police contacting social services. Both were a closed case, however on the last one they said if it happens again they would have to make a assessment for my 18 month old.

Last night, my ex came around to mine and I stupidly let him through my front door. it resulted in a domestic dispute with the police. He pushed me off my bed and rang the police on me to say I had punched him which I never. The police came around and could see scratches etc on me and made him leave the property and they said social services would have to be contacted as protocol. I think they believed I didn't punch him as he had no marks but I did but obviously I can't say for certain if they believed me

I am so worried about this, can anyone tell me what to expect next via the social services?

My ex won't be allowed back on my property again

Sassy2022

Re: Social services after police dispute

Post by Sassy2022 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:48 pm

Can anyone help??

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Social services after police dispute

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:14 am

Dear Sassy2022

Welcome to Family Rights Group parents' discussion forum.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I see from your post that are very worried about is likely to happen with children’s services (new name for social services) involvement with your family. There has been a further incident of domestic abuse after your ex-partner was allowed into your home.

A lot will depend on whether you had an agreement with children’s services that your ex-partner would not be allowed back to your home because of previous incidents of domestic abuse. This might mean is that children’s services take the view that you cannot be trusted to remain separate from your ex-partner. Children’s services would expect you to have called the police when he came to your home rather than allow him in.

Please read this information domestic abuse on our website about when children’s services involved.

As children’s services informed you they would carry out an assessment if there were further incidents, I think they will now do so. The assessment is likely to be s.47 child protection investigations. This is to decide if there should be a child protection plan for your child. Here is information about child protection child protection procedures.

Should children’s services decide to carry out an assessment, I suggest you do your best to engage positively with the process so you can have the best outcome for your family.

I suggest you consider seeking legal advice to apply for a non-molestation order to prevent your ex-partner contacting you or coming to your home. You may also wish to consider getting support from domestic violence services. The National Domestic Abuse helpline can offer you advice and help, their telephone number is 0808 200 0247

I hope you will find this information helpful, and should you wish to speak to an adviser you can telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm.

You can post again on this forum should the situation change for you, or you need more advice.

Best wishes

Suzie