Child protection plan during pregnancy helppp

donnie1923

Child protection plan during pregnancy helppp

Post by donnie1923 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:13 am

Help please iam a new member and iam new in uk me and my husband we had a fight and he hit me i called the police now he's in jail i have 11 monthsm old baby and iam 5 month pregnant so the next day social services was at my home after few days i retract my statement at first i said if he get out in jail i dont want him to be home as soon as he got out of jail and i said that we want a break after get back together if they think its right
When i said that they made a child protection conference for me that my son and the unborn baby at risk of physical harm so i knew that they didn't like it when i said i want to get back together so 3 days before the conference i called the social worker to say that i made my decision i don't want my husband back they were happy but at the conference they said the harm is neglect and they put me under the child protection plan so right now iam 5 month pregnant and my fear is when i will be 8 month pregnant or get closer to have a new baby are they gona remove my elder son ??? because i don't have any family or friends in uk Will they say because iam close to have a baby and I don't have anyone. i can't take care of my son ???? Can they do that?? because i made that clear to them i can't live without my son and iam ready to do whatever to keep my son with me please help someone tell me the truth about social services are they gonna remove my child or take him to temperoray care ?? While iam pregnant help please iam so nervous because of this

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Child protection plan during pregnancy helppp

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:41 pm

Dear donnie1923

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thank you for posting.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I see fro your post that you are very worried about children’s services (the new name for social services) involvement with you and your children. I want to know if children’s services can remove your child from your care.

Children’s services are concerned about the relationship between you and your husband because of domestic abuse. From what you say, your husband was arrested and is now in prison because of the domestic abuse that happened. I assume the police charged him with assault and he was found or pleaded guilty.

You informed children’s services that you did not want to be in a relationship with your husband when he leaves jail but then changed your mind to say you would be with him but not straightaway. Children’s services considered it to be a safeguarding issue and carried out child protection enquiries which resulted in an initial child protection conference being arranged.

You were worried about your decision to be with your husband as this was against what children’s services recommended to you. Since the decision to have an initial child protection conference you have now told the social worker that you will not have your husband back.

I think you may find it helpful to contact a domestic abuse service for help and support. You can telephone Women’s Aid on 0808 200 0247

The son and unborn baby are now on a child protection plan, and you are very fearful that your son may be removed from your care before you give birth or at that time. Do you have any family or friend who would be able to care for your son when you go to hospital? If yes, then it they could care for your son whilst you are in hospital. If there is no one to support/help you at the time, then children’s services could arrange for your son to be cared for until you return home. This should only be for the time you are in hospital.

As there is a child protection plan you should do your best to do what you are asked because if you do not work with children’s services and other professionals, they could escalate the case. Here is information about child protection procedures

Regarding your fear that children’s service may remove your son and or your baby. Children’s services cannot do this without your agreement or a court order. So, if you needed help at the time your baby is due you can agree for children’s services to arrange for someone to look after your son. Unless there is an emergency when the police can remove child for up to 72 hours to keep the child safe.

The information here relates to section 20 voluntary arrangement i.e if you agree to children’s services giving help for your son to be looked after by someone else. As stated above, for a short time.

I understand that you have told children’s services that you do not now wish to be with your husband. If you both decided to be together children’s services can tell you what they would expect you both to do to improve things. Also, they can carry out a risk assessment of your husband to help them decide the best way he can see the children if safe for him to do so.

Here is information about domestic abuse when children’s services are involved.

I hope this is helpful but if you would like to speak to an adviser about your circumstances you can telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 am to 3pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).

You can post again if you need further advice or your circumstances change.

Best wishes

Suzie