Partner has been accused of sexual communication with a child

Anonymous84

Re: Partner has been accused of sexual communication with a child

Post by Anonymous84 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:19 pm

Hi suzie
The officer in charge has been removed from my partners case with no explanation. He only found out when another officer called and explained he was now in charge.
I recicved an email in regards to my complaint about the officers behaviour the person promised to email me back the next day after exploring my complaint but it is nearly a week and still no reply.
My partner had a bail appt today he turned up and waited over an hour after speaking to several different officers they had no idea why he was there despite showing them his bail letter! They told him to come back on Friday and did not issue another bail letter! So as his bail has run out and no charges brought and no new letter issued doesn't that mean he is no longer on bail?!
I have lost all faith the police, the family have continued to send threatening messages to myself and I got an email from an officer stating they aren't taking further action againest them so essential they have a free ticket to carry on with no consquences. I am extremely fed up and at my witsend with everything....

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:25 am

Dear Anonymous84,

I am sorry to hear about the continuing issues with the police. Unfortunately, we cannot advise on police issues.

I would advise that your partner contact his solicitor regarding his bail. Please contact the independent office for police conduct on 0300 020 0096 for more information regarding your complaint and what next steps you can take.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

Anonymous84

Post by Anonymous84 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:58 pm

Hi Suzie
Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New year.
There is still no update, my partner has another bail appiontment on the 15th of Janauary that will be 6 months since the intital allegations. We have had no contact from Social services since they closed the case back in September. What I'm struggling to understand is that in the closure letter they expressed no concerns about my partner and the letter clearly states that the children are at no risk from my partner/their father. Yet the police won't accept this or explain why social services are conflicting with them. The social worker said infornt of the officer she had no conerns yet this is still not accepted. I just hope this is all over by the 15th of Janaury.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:09 pm

Dear Anonymous84

Thank you for your good wishes and I hope you also had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

I see from your post that you are still concerned about the bail conditions imposed on your partner by the police. Children’s services have closed the case indicating that they do no consider the children to be at risk from your partner/their father.

It is important that you understand that the police and children’s services are looking at different aspects of this situation. Children’s services have carried out their investigation and concluded there is no risk in relation to safeguarding for the children.

The police are looking at a criminal investigation and they have imposed the bail conditions, so it is for them to decide whether they are happy for the bail conditions to change. You say there is a further hearing in respect of your partner’s bail so it may be that at the hearing on 15 January the conditions might be varied or removed. This is something you partner would need to discuss with his legal representative.
A lot will depend on the further evidence the police might have found during their investigation.

It could have been the case that the police had no concerns, but children’s services remained concerned each have to decide themselves.

I do hope you and your partner will get the outcome you hope for at the upcoming hearing.

Best wishes

Suzie

Anonymous84

Post by Anonymous84 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:14 am

I can't go on like this anymore..... I'm in so much emtional pain....

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:55 pm

Dear Anonymous84

Welcome back to the parents’ discussion board. Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling. You are in a difficult and demanding situation. I have responded to you privately but wanted to signpost here to some support services on that you and other parents on this board may find helpful. It is always a good thing to reach out for help to family, friends, and support services.

Samaritans: 116123
Shout
CALM
SoS
Talking Forward
Stop it now family and friends forum
Family Line

Please check your messages for my full response.

Take care.

Best wishes

Suzie