Fighting for my children home

Mykids29weeks

Fighting for my children home

Post by Mykids29weeks » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:18 pm

Hi,
My children are twins 9months and two year old boy were removed from me 29 weeks ago on the 27th of Jan 23

I was sleeping separately with my twins because my now ex partner was not helping during the night feeds, during the night of the 27th Jan my babies dad came downstairs to we’re I was sleeping and said my sons eye who was 8 weeks old at the time was sore, I went upstairs it looked slightly pink. I said he will be fine I’ll check it in the morning.
The following morning I went upstairs and got my older son out do his cot and on entering the bedroom were my 8 week old baby was in bed with his dad his face was blue, i screamed and picked him up he yawned!!! I panicked and took him to hospital immediately. My ex partner was abusive and controlling but it never crossed my mind that he has hurt him.
I told the nurse I was in bed with his as my ex told me too!!
Within 30minutes I told the truth.

We were both arrested and my children were all taken to the hospital to be scanned. No other injury’s to any of my children and my son made a full recovery and was out of hospital within 4 days. My ex said he’s must of had a seizure as he has epilepsy but I was told to split up with him as we didn’t know what had happened. I’m 29 weeks into this I have no contact with my ex 6 medical professionals have reported on my sons injuries and my ex epilepsy, they have mobile phone evidence and not one scap of evidence I have hurt my children.
The way I have been treated is disgusting nobody is listening my 2 year old has stopped talking I see them twice a week.

Someone please help me as nobody is listening to me, I’ve not seen my social worker for 13 weeks and she admitted its because she doesn’t like confrontation.

I’m a professional in my job I have been suspended and spent 7 months fighting for my children and my life.
I’ve never once lost control of my emotions with any professional involved but I’m at my wits end how can they treat me like this.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Fighting for my children home

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:42 pm

Dear Mykids29weeks

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thank you for posting.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. From your post it is apparent that you are going through a very distressing time being separated from your children.

You have stated that your son was injured, and this was probably because your now ex-partner might have had an epileptic fit whilst your son was sleeping in the same bed. Although you have not specifically stated, I am assuming that you may be in care proceedings and your children in foster care. If that is the case, I think you may find it helpful to read information about care proceedings from our website. If you are still in court, then you should discuss your case with your solicitor who is best placed to advise you as he or she will have all the information related to your case.

It is not clear from your post whether you have had a negative parenting assessment or if there is to be a further hearing like a fact finding to decide what happened to your son. In your post, you state that you initially lied about what might have happened and this is probably one of the concerns about your ability to keep your children safe. This is also an assumption because there is insufficient information in your post.

As stated above, the person to speak with about your concerns is your solicitor. If the children are in foster care and there are court proceedings it is unlikely you will be seeing the social worker regularly since your solicitor is dealing with your case and the Judge will make final decisions relating to your children.

You may find it helpful to telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366 to speak to an adviser for more advice. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can post again on this forum.

Hope you find the information from our website helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Mykids29weeks

Post by Mykids29weeks » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:48 pm

Hi,
Thank yo for your reply, so yes I told a lie for 30 minutes due to be cohersed into telling that lie by my ex.
The reports have come back and the experts are saying it is highly unlikely that a seizure has caused the injury’s to my son!! He’s been shaken I’m absolutely devastated and received no support wit this. I am a victim in this as well as my children. I have no contact with my ex zero he’s a narcissist vile human.
My parenting assessment is positive I have gone above and beyond for my children without being asked. My solicitor has no care for me at and neither do the other professionals involved!
I was told by the social worker 10’days ago that I’m no longer in the pool of perpetrators!!!!!! And still nothing I’m absolutely beside myself.

My09876

Post by My09876 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:30 am

I’m so sorry to hear what you are going through, Ive recently had problems with my baby dad being violent towards me and they said my children weren’t safe either. I’m waiting for the results to come back for the parenting assessment, how did you find yours? Were they quite nice? I’m so worried I’m going to fail. Do you have the final court hearing date as you have said you have passed the parenting assessment you should definitely get your children back, it’s just when the final order has been made.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:26 am

Mykids29weeks wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:48 pm Hi,
Thank yo for your reply, so yes I told a lie for 30 minutes due to be cohersed into telling that lie by my ex.
The reports have come back and the experts are saying it is highly unlikely that a seizure has caused the injury’s to my son!! He’s been shaken I’m absolutely devastated and received no support wit this. I am a victim in this as well as my children. I have no contact with my ex zero he’s a narcissist vile human.
My parenting assessment is positive I have gone above and beyond for my children without being asked. My solicitor has no care for me at and neither do the other professionals involved!
I was told by the social worker 10’days ago that I’m no longer in the pool of perpetrators!!!!!! And still nothing I’m absolutely beside myself.

Dear Mykids29weeks,

Thank you for your further post. I’m sorry to hear how stressful and difficult this time is for you. I want to acknowledge that it sounds very optimistic that you have had a positive parenting assessment and that you are no longer in the pool of perpetrators. It is also positive that you have maintained your separation from your partner and that you are prioritising your children.

I am sorry that you feel that your solicitor and the other professionals have no care for you. We have some guides with top tips to working with solicitors and social workers which you can find HERE and HERE. They might have some helpful advice for you.

Do you know when the next court hearing is scheduled for? If you don’t, then I would advise that you contact your solicitor and ask them to let you know. As the parenting assessment has been completed then this should be shared at the next court hearing, and it will be an important document which the court looks at when they decide the best plan for your children. As I said, it is very optimistic that you have had a positive parenting assessment.

You might find it helpful to get some emotional support at this difficult time. MATCH mothers provide support to mothers who are living apart from their children. They have a confidential support line on 0800 689 4104.

Please post again if you have any further questions,
Best wishes,
Suzie