Social worker

Smidge1245

Social worker

Post by Smidge1245 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:43 pm

So I posted before about baby living with my husband and I instead of mum and mum is completly wanting this
Baby was born today and we had a social worker visit our home because the hospital raised a concern that she was being forced to have the baby live with us which is far from the truth they now have to chat with babies mum and make sure this isn’t the case and make sure she can make her own decisions the social worker was happy with our home and had no concerns they have to do a discharge plan mum is refusing to bond with baby feed or hold her and they midwife’s have completly neglected dads right to be able to hold and bond with his baby even when mum agreed that she wanted him to we now feel in limbo and really worried where the little one will end up

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Social worker

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:15 pm

Dear Smidge1245

Thank you for the update and congratulations to your family.

From what you write the midwives and other professionals will be concerned about the mother’s feelings towards her situation and new born and I imagine will want to support her ‘emotionally’ to gain a clear understanding of how she feels at this time.

I am not sure how to respond to them ‘not allowing’ the father to access his child, but suggest you ask the professionals what their plans are for the baby in relation to ‘releasing’ the child into the care of their father.

Best wishes

Suzie