Social services force me to split up with my partner

Liepa

Social services force me to split up with my partner

Post by Liepa » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:49 pm

Hello, it's a long complicated story.
My little daughter was taken to a foster care at September. They call it toxic Trio. My poor mental health, with a court proceeding after sexual assault. Alcohol abuse (it wad 4 occasions when I used alcohol as a coop for my stress, but 4 occasions in a whole year) and domestic abuse in a family. She was 2 months by then and my heart is broken.
Firs Court hearing I had in December where we put dates and assignments in place. Second we should have end of May, but it's been rescheduled for end of August.
We have done parenting assessment, psychology assessment, I do engage with CGL as they asked, domestic violence worker, freedom programme, counseling, Gp for my mental health and court for sexual assault also finished and that person finally in the preason.
Now recently I got parenting assessment file, and it says that my daughter can not come in a joint care to me and my partner care. She can't come in his care either. Buti am able to care for her with a support by myself if I leave my relation with my partner, father of a kid.
My solicitor sayed, that more than 90% parenting assessment are negative, and mine is very positive even if I don't see that way.. but they told me I have to act right now, otherwise I will loose a chance.
So I am currently pregnant again, and just left my partner to be able to get my daughter back and my heart is still broken..
I need to wait to a court another 4 months because I changed situation by leaving relationship. But I was forced to do so, and they call it some how voluntary ..??!
My solicitor sayedi will be washed badly from social services am I really separated. What does they mean by that? How they watc me..? I become paranoid for this..
Temporary I have moved in to my mother's place. I am getting 2 bed council house for me, my daughter and unborn, some work had to be done, but property is mine anyway as I am nr 1.
Can someone tell me, am I right to take this decision? How much likely court will look into children Services advice to separate and show my independence?
How long it takes after to my partner to proof that he is a good person? Is it any possibility that we will be able to get back together in a future? Will a court or social services give this opportunity and how he can proof that situation changed..?
How much likely I will get my daughter back if done 100% and more than I was asked for, including last and hardest decision to leave my loving parten, because after a result of conclusions of parenting assessment file?
Could someone give me any advice and comments on that please ..?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Social services force me to split up with my partner

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed May 03, 2023 12:42 pm

Dear Liepa

Thank you for your detailed post and welcome to the Board.

From what you have written you are going through a very difficult time and have many decisions to make. I am sorry but I am not very clear about what you have said about your partner, is he the father of your three year old and your unborn child?

You write that you have done a parenting assessment and it seems positive. Your partner has also done an assessment – but from what you write his was not positive and he will not be able to care for your daughter?

You said that your solicitor says that things will (or may) be okay – unless you get back with your partner? If the professionals have concerns about your him, he may be able to undergo courses or assessments to ‘prove that he can or has change.’

There are two sections of our website which might be helpful to you, our pages for parents to be and importantly our pages about care (and related) proceedings.

If you like to speak to us on our confidential telephone advice service, the number is 0808 801 0366, the line is open 9.30am to 3.00pm, Monday to Friday except Bank Holidays.

Best wishes

Suzie

KatKat10

Re: Social services force me to split up with my partner

Post by KatKat10 » Thu May 04, 2023 10:19 am

Liepa, your priority at this moment in time is to get your daughter back, the fact your parenting assessment is positive is a good outcome. It sounds like you have support from your mother. Yes they will be watching you, possibly hanging around your home address etc. They will possibly turn up unexpected to your home unannounced for visits. You will have to make a sacrifice and put your daughter first. In time circumstances may change, your partner will have a chance to make changes as well.