SS using our Neurodivergence as "evidence" of abuse

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: SS using our Neurodivergence as "evidence" of abuse

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:07 am

Frazor wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:18 pm Hello
O my goodness your story is exactly what im am going through. It's so unfair what ss are doing to us loving parents due to our children having a learning disability instead of helping parents accessing a child with a disability and our children's needs they blame us. They make my mental health 💯 times worse. All the problems me and my children face in life is all due to there false allegations. I have no help ive fought to keep my children for 6 half years on my own. It breaks my heart to think that these so called caring people are actually telling lies for there own families. Not one of them sw have ever once considered my children's needs or thoughts, that's always been clear to me. How can they possibly be getting away with this, i speak to many parents that genuinely loved there child but that child was forced from them for adoption. I've felt there pain because im trying to fight for justice for this to stop. God love you we stand tall my love 💜
Dear Frazor

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to read that you have not received any services for your children. Here on our website is information about support for children with disabilities.

You may be interested in making a complaint about the lack of support you are receiving, here on our website is information about making complaints.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:46 am

Dear Bananabiscuitcakes,

I am sorry to hear that you are finding the process so difficult and that the correct support has not been put in place for you.

As I explained in a previous post if you do not have a solicitor you can ask for the PLO meeting to be postponed until you have found one.

You can search for solicitors using The Law Society's website. You can search using your postcode/town and choose 'family and relationships' under the 'Your legal issue' tab. You can then call up solicitor's firms in your area to ask if they can take your case.

Or you can ask the social worker (or their manager) to provide you with a list of solicitors in your area.

I hope that this is helpful.

Best wishes,
Suzie
bananabiscuitcakes wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:57 pm I struggle to read the replies on here because of my disabilities - so sorry if I misunderstand any responses. I usually use Easy Read to understand written words, without it I get really confused as to what someone is actually telling me (even with easy read I often need to ask clarification questions).

We have PLO coming up and Ive not been able to get solicitor due to my disabilities. I have no advocate. I cannot understand the proposed PLO plan so won't be able to sign it either.

I pretty much have given up now and think the council are just going to take the kids because I cant understand what is going on :(

deletedkatkat10

Post by deletedkatkat10 » Tue May 02, 2023 11:50 am

PLO date has been moved three times now and the council have said they will not change the date again.

I still have no advocate. I have no solicitor as I cannot understand any when they email me back.

I need things in easy read which solicitors dont do. I cannot understand them enough to even get to a meeting, let alone engage with them for a PLO or to go through PLO paperwork.

Does this mean the council will take me straight to court because I won't be able to understand anything, no solciitor and I cannot sign anything or counter-argue anything as I dont understand any of it?