Please I really need your help & advice

Flowergirl

Please I really need your help & advice

Post by Flowergirl » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:47 pm

Hi, I’m new to this but I’m in desperate need of support.

About 5 months ago me and my partner got into an argument after a night out, our neighbour heard and called the police stating that he was strangling me (she has a grudge against us for no apparent reason but we’ve always kept our distance and never came in contact as we live in a block of flats)
The police came and arrested him, I informed the police we were just arguing and he didn’t hurt me but they didn’t believe me (his surname isn’t good in the system but only because of his brother)
Next thing I know he’s being remanded in prison and social services are in contact.
We have a core meeting and they place my child on a child protection plan because the police have reported it and have exaggerated it (even my first social worker said they did) but the chair of the meeting decided to put her on it.
Anyway I have done everything they have wanted me to, have meetings after meetings with different people and working with everyone. Each and every professional have agreed that my daughter is well cared for and loved and there Greg area is about my partner even after numerous time of me and my family telling them that he didn’t do it.
And even some professionals agreed that they believe me about the situation.

Long story short we had a review meeting and everyone put in their reposts that she is well looked after and they are 100% happy with the care and love as I said, but they said they are still having her on the child protection plan and I still have to have all the professionals involved and visiting me nearly everyday !!!!!!!
I disagreed with this and now they are seeking legal action !!!
And now saying I’m not a good mum and they are concerned for my daughter because I disagreed with them !!!

Their grey area is to do with my partner who isn’t actually around as he’s in prison but the police have set him up and so has our neighbour and his solicitor has got him a plea deal, he pleas guilty and gets a lot of time off because if he goes to trial they will find him guilty with the charges and “evidence” they have (bear in mind it’s everything against him and only my word supporting him and they think I’m just scared and protecting him which I’m not !! He honestly hand on heart did not do this)
I have fought from day one to prove his innocence and everything thinks I’m lying it’s gotten tiring and we have just given up as he’s taking the plea deal and going guilty !!!!!!

So what I’m asking is what can I do to get my child off child protection while he is away ?
They told me they can close it but I don’t believe them as they have told me one thing and then stabbed me in the back so many times.

And also when he is out, where he has gone guilty they will now believe that he done it, so they’ll be having a field day (they already told me they KNOW he done it but how the F do they know because it DIDNT HAPPEN)
But when he’s out I want him living back with me and my parents (I have to move out of our home because I can’t afford it)
We would have spent however long without each other and I’m
Not having anymore time just because social services are so stuck up their own *beep*?

Should I take legal action when he is out (only problem is they can use that he attacked me in court because he will be going guilty to take the plea deal to get less time)

My big question is will they allow him to move back in with me and my daughter but also with me parents when he is out ??

Oh FYI our daughter who is 7 months old now was 2 month old when this happened wasn’t there during this whole “incident” she was with her grandparents and we have never been in the system before at all

Thank you

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Please I really need your help & advice

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:50 pm

Dear Flowergirl,

Welcome to the parents' board and thank you for your post.

You say that 5 months ago you and your partner got into an argument. Your neighbour called the police and reported that he was strangling you. You say this neighbour has a grudge against you. Your partner was arrested and remanded. Children's services were informed and your child has been placed on a child protection plan. You say you have engaged well with children's services, and professionals have said your daughter is well cared for and loved, however they are concerned about your partner. You say you have told them he did not hurt you. At a recent review conference, the decision was made to continue with the child protection plan, which you did not agree with. Children's services are now seeking legal 'action.' You say that your partner has been set up by the police and your neighbour - your partner has agreed to plea guilty to avoid going to trial due to the evidence against him. You say that you are in support of him and children's services are concerned you are protecting him. You would like to know what you can do to get your child off a child protection plan whilst he is in prison. You say that when he is out of prison you would like him to live with your and your parents. You want to know whether you should take 'legal action' and whether they will allow him to move back in with your and your child.

Children's services have a statutory duty to safeguard children in their area. In your case, children's services are concerned that your daughter has suffered significant harm or is at risk of significant harm because they see your partner as a risk. The reason that they think this is because the police were called to your home due to an argument where it was alleged that he strangled you. I understand that you are saying this did not happen, however, there appears to be enough evidence against him for his solicitor to advise him to plead guilty. This is what he has done and children's services must take this very seriously.

I am not able to say what did or did not happen between your partner during the incident - however, at a minimum, children's services will be worried about the nature of the argument you had. Domestic abuse does not just include physical abuse and it is harmful to both the victim and any children in the home who may hear or witness frightening behaviour. Even though your daughter was not present at this time, children's services will still see this as a risk to her.

Your partner is responsible for his behaviour, and it will be up to him to work proactively to manage how he behaves. However, as your daughter's parent, children's services will expect you to act in a protective capacity and to put her best interests first. If they do not think being with your partner is in your daughter's best interests, they will be worried about any decision you make for you to both live together. From what you say, the professionals involved are concerned that you do not have insight into certain aspects of your relationship and the impact it could have on your daughter - they may think you are minimising and denying the seriousness of the situation.

Children's services are now concerned enough that they are seeking legal advice. This means they may decide to initiate pre-proceedings - you can read more about this here. This means they are considering taking you to court and would like you to make significant changes to avoid this. If this does happen, you have the right to a solicitor and I advise you find one as soon as possible.

If children's services are extremely concerned, they may initiate care proceedings. If you would like to read more about this, take a look here.

I would advise that you now speak to your social worker to find out what steps they now intend to take. You should ensure you are clear on why they are concerned, and what support/services they would like you to engage with. It is likely they will want you to engage with a domestic abuse support service.

With regards to the child protection plan - whilst your partner may be facing a custodial sentence, children's services may be worried about your understanding of the risk and the future chance of reconciliation. The plan will only be stepped down when the outcomes of the plan have been met and when the Chair no longer thinks your child is at risk of significant harm.

With regards to your partner living with you and your daughter when he is released from prison - if he is to move back in immediately, given that he has pled guilty to seriously assaulting you - this will cause children's services concern. The local authority may become re-involved and the level of their intervention will depend on how dangerous they think the situation is. If you have any plans to reconcile, it is important you inform them and he can request to be risk-assessed. Ultimately, the most important thing is yours and your daughter's safety and prioritising your daughter's need to grow up in a happy and secure home.

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie.