Unsupervised with grandparents

GRT22

Unsupervised with grandparents

Post by GRT22 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:33 pm

Hi, bit of a back story.My children are under fostering. My 2 eldest live with my mum and my youngest lives in a foster placement. Last month paternal grandparents got unsupervised contact with my youngest child. They are going through a 12 week fostering assessment as they failed the first one. I have put my concerns across that I am not happy with them having my son due to drugs in the house and DV, I have been ignored but the assessing social worker has witness the way the grandfather has spoke to the grandmother not in a very nice way. They was supervised for 3 sessions then all sudden it went to unsupervised at there home but I was not told at all, I got told by foster careers. When we went to court and the guardian was told about the unsupervised she was not happy that she was not informed and that a risk assessment was not taken. Social worker said apparently they don’t need a risk assessment because they are going through fostering assessment but they have been told they can not have unsupervised with my middle child even though it’s their granddaughter too. My middle child and youngest are full siblings too.
So I have a few questions.

Does there have to be a risk assessment before going unsupervised?

Should I have been told before it happens and what my options are of it?

How are they allowed unsupervised with my youngest but not my middle child?

Thankyou.