Family Group Conference

KatKat10

Family Group Conference

Post by KatKat10 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:44 pm

So had a FGC, that was rushed by the coordinator. Attendees were not contacted until last minute. The Coordinator was rude, made it all about herself and was undermining.
We were not given any advice or templates on how to plan and how to do this.
I will be raising this with my legal advisor.
Tip for anyone attending a FGC, when they say you have private family time to discuss, there is a facility on Zoom/Teams that allows the host to be invisible but listen in, so be mindful of this, as they lie and say they have left the meeting and will re-join.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Family Group Conference

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:22 am

Dear KatKat10,

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with a Family Group Conference that took place recently. I would encourage you to raise your concerns with your solicitor (as you say that you are planning to do) who will advise you about possible next steps.

Professionals involved in the FGC should never be dishonest in the way that you describe and I would like to reassure other forum users that it is an unlikely situation. I would encourage anyone worried about this happening during an online FGC to discuss this with the facilitator before the meeting so that it can be addressed and agreement reached about how the 'private family time' will be managed. We have information on our website HERE about FGCs which forum users may find helpful to read.

Best wishes,
Suzie

KatKat10

Post by KatKat10 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:01 pm

Thank you Suzie for your response.
I am pleased to say I have raised this with the LA and acknowledgement has been made of the unprofessionalism of the coordinator. Anyone going through a similar situation, challenge everything and raise any concerns higher up.

KatKat10

Post by KatKat10 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:03 pm

Update from me. I challenged the unprofessional conduct of the FGC coordinator, this was acknowledged and things were done properly. Part of the FGC had to be re-done, due to lies of the original coordinator, who was trying to cut corners. It was such a blatant lie and when challenged she could not provide actual evidence.