Employment options after closed section 47

SVR35

Employment options after closed section 47

Post by SVR35 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:40 pm

Hi there! My partner and myself are currently going through hell with social services. Our breastfed son suckled on his arm at 5 weeks old causing a bruise. Without going into all the details we are currently been investigated under a section 47 by social care. There are no other concerns other than this previous bruise that was caused, no concerns from other health professionals so we are expecting the case to be closed with no further action once its been completed. However my concern lies around my future employment opportunities, I've been offered a place at university to study Midwifery next September. this offer is subject to the standard checks undertaken when anyone wishes to work with children, such as enhanced DBS check. I'm concerned that the section 47 investigation will come up and my place will be withdrawn despite the fact we haven't done anything wrong. can anyone advise?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Employment options after closed section 47

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:32 pm

SVR35 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:40 pm Hi there! My partner and myself are currently going through hell with social services. Our breastfed son suckled on his arm at 5 weeks old causing a bruise. Without going into all the details we are currently been investigated under a section 47 by social care. There are no other concerns other than this previous bruise that was caused, no concerns from other health professionals so we are expecting the case to be closed with no further action once its been completed. However my concern lies around my future employment opportunities, I've been offered a place at university to study Midwifery next September. this offer is subject to the standard checks undertaken when anyone wishes to work with children, such as enhanced DBS check. I'm concerned that the section 47 investigation will come up and my place will be withdrawn despite the fact we haven't done anything wrong. can anyone advise?
Dear SVR35

I have responded to all three of your posts in one.

Best wishes

Suzie