Care Proceedings

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Care Proceedings

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:20 pm

Dear Dody

Thank you for your further post.

It appears from the post that you are concerned about your son’s behaviour in the placement. You say that he is exhibiting sexualised behaviour. From reading your post it seems that this something that was spoken about to the social worker and the children’s guardian before the end of the case. The Guardian was not concerned about the behaviour of your child.

If a threat is made to a solicitor from another professional, I think the solicitor would be able to challenge that person based on a threat or take appropriate action to deal with this whether by complaint or otherwise.

There was a meeting to discuss issues relating to your son’s behaviour at school and the diagnosis of ACES which I understand means adverse childhood experiences. This could be related to childhood trauma including what you mention in your post neglect and sexual abuse, but I believe it includes other things as well. I do not know the reasons children’s services had concerns about your children being in your care or what may have led to this condition for your son. The persons who assessed your son should be able to offer you an explanation regarding this. You were told you would be invited to a meeting which was to be held and experts wanted to speak with you about your son. The meeting went ahead without you or your husband being present. No proper reason has been given as to why you were excluded from the meeting. As you were told the doctors wished to speak with you and share parental responsibility it would have been important for you to share information.

If the social worker decided you should not attend then, I suggest you ask for a written explanation from the social worker and or the team manager. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from them or the independent reviewing officer (IRO) then you can consider making a formal complaint. Here is complaint information about making a complaint on our website.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best wishes

Suzie

Dody

Re: Care Proceedings

Post by Dody » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:54 pm

Suzie, FRG Adviser wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:20 pm Dear Dody

Thank you for your further post.

It appears from the post that you are concerned about your son’s behaviour in the placement. You say that he is exhibiting sexualised behaviour. From reading your post it seems that this something that was spoken about to the social worker and the children’s guardian before the end of the case. The Guardian was not concerned about the behaviour of your child.

If a threat is made to a solicitor from another professional, I think the solicitor would be able to challenge that person based on a threat or take appropriate action to deal with this whether by complaint or otherwise.

There was a meeting to discuss issues relating to your son’s behaviour at school and the diagnosis of ACES which I understand means adverse childhood experiences. This could be related to childhood trauma including what you mention in your post neglect and sexual abuse, but I believe it includes other things as well. I do not know the reasons children’s services had concerns about your children being in your care or what may have led to this condition for your son. The persons who assessed your son should be able to offer you an explanation regarding this. You were told you would be invited to a meeting which was to be held and experts wanted to speak with you about your son. The meeting went ahead without you or your husband being present. No proper reason has been given as to why you were excluded from the meeting. As you were told the doctors wished to speak with you and share parental responsibility it would have been important for you to share information.

If the social worker decided you should not attend then, I suggest you ask for a written explanation from the social worker and or the team manager. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from them or the independent reviewing officer (IRO) then you can consider making a formal complaint. Here is complaint information about making a complaint on our website.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best wishes

Suzie
Dear suzie
Yes, I sent an email asking for an explanation of why we were excluded. As for the lawyer, I hope with all my heart that we find the critical person. Unfortunately my husband's lawyer was the worst, even though he is a private person and now we don't have any. I'm still searching, but haven't found the right one. Legel Aid, is up, too. We need to renew the contract for the family issue. She told me to call her after the hearing verdict next week.