Letter before proceedings warning time

Panny

Letter before proceedings warning time

Post by Panny » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:05 pm

Today I have received a letter before proceedings with the meeting due to take place on Monday 14th. I have to confirm my attendance by Monday 7th. Is it likely I will be able to get a solicitor with only 6 working days notice? Is it usual for SS to give so little warning?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Letter before proceedings warning time

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:20 pm

Dear Panny

Thank you for your further post on the parents' discussion forum. I see from your post that you had to give a response regarding your attendance to a PLO (public law outline) meeting by today 7th November. I am sorry that you did not receive a response to your post before now and I hope that you have been able to identify and instruct a solicitor to attend the meeting with you on 14th November.

In your post you asked whether the time (6 working days) is usual for children’s services (the new name for social services]. It may be that the letter was sent to you perhaps, within a day of the decision being made that your case should go to pre proceedings. I do not think the amount of notice given is unusual for a pre proceedings letter.

This is a very important meeting as it is to discuss the concerns that children services have that a child protection plan is not being followed or the parents or persons with whom the child lives is not engaging or working with them and what needs to happen to prevent court proceedings. I think you may find it helpful to read the information on our website relating to child protection and the possible outcomes. There is also information HERE about pre proceedings

I hope this is helpful, but should you wish to speak to an adviser do call our free confidential advice line on 0808801 0366 the advice line is open from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM Monday to Friday [except on Bank Holidays]

Best wishes

Suzie