can i be inteouble for my past ? and current incident

DFDD3

can ss take my kids ? will i be introuble

Post by DFDD3 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:27 pm

hi
i had argument with my partner when i came back from the pub as he didnt want to tell me where is the baby and stupidly i got angry and called the police :(
they came and checked us nobody got arested no statements has been given there wasnt any DV but they said they need to inform ss because of the procedures
i had two pints they said im fine to look after children etc
the next day ss called me and my partner asked us what happened we explained
i asked if my children will be taken away she said she can assume no but they will send someoneby biggest fear is that back in the years with my first fathers child i had domestic violence as he was abusive and my child was on the child protectionplan . i also got arrested for biting my ex when he was choking me (i was drunk) and social service said i havealcochol problem but i agreed to go to alcochol service just for my childs sake .
then ss had no concerns as my house was always clean kid well looked after etc
can social service use my past against me? ny ex was proper cxxxt he set me up with ss .

i have new relationship i know this argument was just stupid . we are lovely family we going trips fridge is always full house i always clean we dont have any drinking or drugs problems.
can i be introuble with ss for this indicent ?can they use my past against me and add it alltogether ? im so scared to open the door to anyone:( has anyone been in this situation?

KatKat10

Re: can ss take my kids ? will i be introuble

Post by KatKat10 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:44 pm

Yes, they can and will use your past against you. They will imply you are an alcoholic and then move on to say you have mental health issues. Then they will then imply you have put your children in danger because of the violent incidents. My advice to you is stop drinking, in case they ask you to do tests, seek help and support, undertake parenting classes.
If they close the case, this will be on file and they will use this in future if there are further incidents. They never stop, they never stop looking for things that are not there. Be mindful of this if you ever contact the police or see your GP or any other professional.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: can i be inteouble for my past ? and current incident

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:08 pm

Dear DFDD3

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am Family Rights Group’s online adviser. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you and your family are experiencing.

You have been referred to children’s services recently following an incident where the police were called. No further action was taken by the police but they passed the details onto children’s services as required. Children’s services are now going to do an assessment.

I can see that you are very worried especially as you have had children’s services’ involvement in the past. The assessing social worker will be aware of the history as it is part of your family background. However, they will be focusing on the current situation, your new relationship and how the children are cared for and protected now. It is important to remember that although there were concerns in the past it seems that you did address them satisfactorily and they then closed the case. You also took on board concerns about your alcohol use and engaged with services.

It is important that you and your new partner engage with children’s services. You did cooperate with the social worker who called you. As you are feeling anxious that they have not got in touch with you yet to begin their assessment you come to see you maybe you could ring up and enquire about this.

You may find our information about assessments and child in need useful. As the concerns relate to a police call out and you referenced your alcohol use and past alcohol issues you may find the following sections helpful too: domestic abuse and drug and alcohol misuse .

This guide to working with a social worker provides some practical advice that may help you to feel more confident in having the assessment.

Please post back if you have any further questions during the assessment process or if you prefer to speak with an adviser please call our freephone advice line on 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm.

Best wishes

Suzie