Ex sex offender feeling been on trial again!

Thepasthauntingme

Ex sex offender feeling been on trial again!

Post by Thepasthauntingme » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:07 pm

Help is really needed.
Background story, I was court up in Operation Ore back in 2003 and my computer did have some indecent images of children (level one, the least serious under the law), I was sentenced to 4mths imprisonment and to sign the SOR for 5yrs. At the time I was a single parent father to a 9yrs old, it took nearly 1yr with MASSH, Social Services and with the assistance of the NSPCC in doing various risk assessments to finally prove I wasn't a risk to my child, let alone to any child, for all agencies to close the case file.
Fast forward, 19yrs later. Me and my wife had been refused access to our grandchild by the mother as my step-son had seperated from her, even though we had access for years once a fortnight. We applied to the family court a hearing has been set for the beginning of next year. Well hell has opened up in the form of Cafcass! Understandably, my offence will be flagged up but the way she spoke to my wife let alone me was sooo judgemental, implied my wife was irresponsible for allowing me any where near our grandchild and that I wasn't allowed to be anywhere near them as I had an SOPO! Questioned how old were her children when we met and if I have ever been violent towards her! Cafcass kept insisting I shouldn't near anybody under 18, implied I was a danger. Later I found out what a SOPO was, never heald of one, let alone having one and it was confirmed that in fact I NEVER HAD ONE, EVER! by the police. Cafcass had involved MASSH, they have only spoken to me once and now completely ignoring all calls and emails, so I don't know where they are up to. Cafcass isn't speaking to me either but, have said they are going to give full disclosure to both parents, I'm back on trial, been forever guilty, in the past 19yrs I have never re-offended, didn't intend to offend in the first place, no SS involvement, no offences of any description on my PNC, been a single parent whilst on the SOR with NO conditions, counts for nothing with Cafcass! Please help!!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Ex sex offender feeling been on trial again!

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:39 am

Dear Thepastishauntingme,

I see that you are posting as a grandparent but unfortunately you have posted on our parents forum. Please could you register on the Kinship carers forum and repost on there so that I can answer you fully.

Best wishes,
Suzie