Requesting a new Social Worker

KatKat10

Requesting a new Social Worker

Post by KatKat10 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:36 pm

So my situation is going to court next week, as LA are trying to obtain an ICO without any substantive reason why. How do I go about requesting a new social worker? Can I request this via the court? I feel my current social worker, is not supporting me and is not supporting keeping the family together and has basically lied in her report. It is disgraceful that so called professionals can get away with lying on legal documents and should be held to account. Everything she has lied about can be backed up with factual evidence as proof, as she cannot erase emails, text messages etc.
KK10

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Requesting a new Social Worker

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:23 pm

Dear KatKat10,

Thank you for your further post. You say that the local authority have made an application to court for an interim care order for your children. You feel that your current social worker is unsupportive and you ask how you can request a new one.

I would suggest that you discuss this with your solicitor and get their advice about what would be the best course of action. Ultimately it is up to the local authority to decide whether they feel that it is necessary and appropriate for the current social worker to be taken off the case. However they do not have to allocate a new social worker if they don’t feel that this is in the best interests of the children. As your case is at a crucial stage it may be felt that it would cause too much delay to change the social worker at present.

If you have evidence that the social worker has put false information in her report then I would encourage you to share this with your solicitor and ask them to challenge the report at the hearing.

It is not usually possible to make formal complaints during care proceedings, however once the court proceedings are finished you do then have the option of making a complaint if you remain dissatisfied with anything.

I hope that this is of some help,

Best wishes,
Suzie

KatKat10

Post by KatKat10 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:49 pm

Thank you Suzie for your reply. A change of Social worker is something I am looking to explore as I do not feel my one is providing support and is hiding essential information from me. A complaint will follow once court proceedings have completed.

KatKat10

Post by KatKat10 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:30 pm

Now on our 5th social worker, the LA appear to have a revolving door. Not yet submitted a complaint, but will wait until after final court hearing. I got sight of the initial report that a Social worker made when visiting my home, while I was absent. They basically painted a bleak picture of the property, lying and saying it wasn't clean and smelled. I believe this was done on purpose by the SW to justify a section 20 to remove my kids off me. She failed to mention there was adequate food, toys, clothing etc in the property in her report. They backtracked in the meetings when questioned, why they thought the property was in poor condition, they gave a feeble excuse which has been documented in the minutes.