Removal of my children

Mumof2abmwg

Removal of my children

Post by Mumof2abmwg » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:40 pm

I just wanted to provide an update to our case we have been through hell and back. We were told that we inflicted bruising on our then 10 week old baby in September last year . We have completed our parenting assessments and it was a very positive report. after this the placement with my oldest son who was with my brother broke down it was agreed he could come home which was great. We then get to march this year when the case should have been finished. The LA then decide that my oldest son was to be part of this case so work needed to be done with him which has delayed things further we were then told that the only reason that the LA was keeping my youngest away was lack of an explanation for the bruising long story short I found a shirt of mine with raised metal studs and stars and it was examined by the independent paediatrician and she said that was the reason for my now 1 year olds bruising and that she can say it was accidental and we are not to blame. So it looks like our little boy is coming home finally. My advice for anyone else in this position is to work with all authorities any advice they give you follow it if there is any suggestions as to how you can make your home better or safer for your child/children just do it !!! It is more important for everyone to see you are capable of looking after your child/children even if they don’t believe you can. If there is any chance of an older sibling being involved in the case make sure you ask for the work to be done with them asap as to not delay things. We now have to wait a little longer for our boy but he is always going to be worth the wait

1) hang in there you’ve got this, even though you may not feel like you have.

2) be patient, it’s horrible to go through but the result is amazing.

Thank you guys on here for keeping me sane 😊

KatKat10

Re: Removal of my children

Post by KatKat10 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:59 pm

Thank you for sharing your update and it is really positive to hear your children will be returning to your family home. I hope everything works out for you and you don't have too much interference. It shows you have to fight and challenge everything.
KK10

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Removal of my children

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:21 am

Mumof2abmwg wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:40 pm I just wanted to provide an update to our case we have been through hell and back. We were told that we inflicted bruising on our then 10 week old baby in September last year . We have completed our parenting assessments and it was a very positive report. after this the placement with my oldest son who was with my brother broke down it was agreed he could come home which was great. We then get to march this year when the case should have been finished. The LA then decide that my oldest son was to be part of this case so work needed to be done with him which has delayed things further we were then told that the only reason that the LA was keeping my youngest away was lack of an explanation for the bruising long story short I found a shirt of mine with raised metal studs and stars and it was examined by the independent paediatrician and she said that was the reason for my now 1 year olds bruising and that she can say it was accidental and we are not to blame. So it looks like our little boy is coming home finally. My advice for anyone else in this position is to work with all authorities any advice they give you follow it if there is any suggestions as to how you can make your home better or safer for your child/children just do it !!! It is more important for everyone to see you are capable of looking after your child/children even if they don’t believe you can. If there is any chance of an older sibling being involved in the case make sure you ask for the work to be done with them asap as to not delay things. We now have to wait a little longer for our boy but he is always going to be worth the wait

1) hang in there you’ve got this, even though you may not feel like you have.

2) be patient, it’s horrible to go through but the result is amazing.

Thank you guys on here for keeping me sane 😊
Dear Mumof2abmwg,

Thank you for updating us with your positive news. We are glad to hear that you have found this advice board helpful and hope that things go well when your little boy returns to your care.

Please do post again if you need any further advice in future,
Best wishes,
Suzie