False information during proceedings

Milky0390

False information during proceedings

Post by Milky0390 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:44 am

Hello me and my partner are currently going through proceedings i offered to move out the family home until problems are sorted basically I got done on my last ex who we never had children and was together a few months I headbutted her admittedly after she bit my nose which I also recieved treatment anyways to cut the long story short social services have said I was violent towards every partner yet I've never been done for violence except this one occasion which was a drug fueled relationship I know I did wrong but was attacked first yet there sating I was violent towards my other partners even though in there statements they said during our relationship I was never once physically violent I don't know why there saying opposite to the information they have I don't take drugs anymore and haven't for years yet even with negative drugs test there saying different and also saying information about myself which is proven on the pnc yet they withheld that information and said I headbutted my previous partner in a unproked attack yet I had hospital treatment during my time being in police custody for the nose bite I recieved 3 jabs for this anyways to prevent my current partner losing out little man I thought it was best to move out the family home till I can clear this up why is it OK for them to say things which ain't true surely there has to be line where I can proof this my life is different to how it used to be and not one crime was around a child at any point yet they've painted such a bad image of myself it's unfair

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: False information during proceedings

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:16 pm

Dear Milky0390,

Welcome to the parents' board and thank you for your post.

You say that your son is currently subject to care proceedings. This is due to children's services concerns about violence in your previous relationships. You say that children's services have misrepresented you. You say that they have concerns that you were violent in other previous relationships which you deny and that they are concerned about your drug use despite having taken a negative drug test.

If you feel that children's services have included any false information about you, in their statements or otherwise, it is important that you speak to your solicitor about this, who will be able to raise this in court. If you have a negative drug test, for example, this is good evidence towards showing that you are not misusing substances. You mention that children's services have stated that you were violent in other relationships - what evidence are they using to assert this?

It is important to keep in mind that despite the circumstances that you describe, children's services can still be concerned about the level of violence that you demonstrated towards your partner at the time. Even though this did not happen around a child, this does not mean that it does not present a risk to any child who may be in your care in the future. It is really important that you have a clear understanding of children's services concerns and the reasons for proceedings being initiated - if this hasn't been explained to you, please ask your social worker or your solicitor to explain to why they may view you as a risk to your son. It is also important that you understand what steps they may want you to take to address this - for example, they may want you to engage with a perpetrators course. We have a page on domestic abuse, where you can read more about this.

You may find it helpful to take a look at our page on care proceedings if you would like to read a bit more about what to expect from the process and how decisions are made.

Best wishes,

Suzie.