I need my children back

Marcy22

I need my children back

Post by Marcy22 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:51 pm

hello, my children were taken by LA last November because my son was told at school that his father hit her the court asked for exams to see if the child was hit but the results came out negative subsequently the LA says that my son says he does not want to see us but we see the other two children the court has sent us to do the parental lessons and AFRUCA we have done it and it was positive we had decided ourselves to do it still the lessons on emotions and it's positive we have already had three hearings we had the assessment with the LA which is negative and makes us understand that it is because we do not accept having hit the child ( it is my husband who is accused and me the LA says that I am an accomplice). I do not understand why he wants us to accept yet the results were negative. my son saw a sycholoque and he said to continue listening to my son. we haven't seen him since november but we have custody with the LA. we were supposed to have a safeguarding assessment this month normally we should have the last court in june it was postponed in august because the police who was there on the day of the children's abduction had not yet given their assessment. I would like to know if with all the lessons that we have calmed down with the social workers, not insults, we have the chance that our children will come home

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: I need my children back

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:11 pm

Dear Marcy22

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am Family Rights Group’s online adviser. I am sorry that I was not able to reply to your post sooner. I can see that your family are going through a difficult time.

You are currently in care proceedings with a (postponed) court hearing coming up in August. My understanding is that this is when the police will have concluded their investigation .

Children’s services became involved due to allegations made by your son that his father hits him. I think, from the information provided, that he may have had a child protection medical which did not prove physical abuse but your son maintains and children’s services’ accept that he was harmed. I don’t know if the allegations were of historic abuse? Social workers must listen to the child and they work within the ‘balance of probabilities’. Your son does not want to have contact with you at present. You and your husband do not accept that your husband physically chastised your son which is why children’s services remain concerned and have negatively assessed you.

It sounds as if you have worked hard, you have engaged with parenting classes, worked with AFRUCA , and that you are able to interact more calmly with professionals. You are also having contact with your two other children which I hope is going well. You have also been encouraged to listen to what your son has said.

I don’t know if there has been a fact finding hearing in your case to determine what happened? If a judge has found that the allegations are true and you and your husband continue to deny them this makes it very difficult for children’s services to positively recommend that your children return home as there is no acknowledgement of the major cause for concern and so there may be a much increased risk that it would happen again.

The progress you have made and changes in your communication with social workers are positive; it will be important to demonstrate how you can sustain them. But you should consider and seek advice from your solicitor/s on your options and the possible outcomes if you are unable to accept this. Your solicitor/s are best placed to explain the issues in your case and to give you specific legal advice.

Have family members / family friends been assessed as potential carers for your children or potential supports for you if the children return home? If there has not been a family group conference yet then it is a good idea to ask for one. You can find out more here.

Please see these advice pages which explain more about care proceedings including how to prepare for a final hearing.

If you would like to talk through your situation with an adviser please call the freephone advice line on 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm. Alternatively, please post back on this forum if you have a new query.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie