Case closed

Cantbelieveit25

Case closed

Post by Cantbelieveit25 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:34 pm

I posted previously about child services involved due to an allegation made that I was in an abusive relationship with someone considered high risk. I am not in a relationship and I am pregnant but the relationship was not a usual relationship it was on off on off mainly due to covid and mainly I believe he was with another woman. Child services said they were putting me on a cpp and i would have an update after they had spoken to my children. When I received the update I was told case was going to be closed due to that fact actually there are no risks as we weren't in a relationship anyway and I'm not in contact with him either. Does this mean its closed and no further involvement or will it take time ? Also how could it have gone from its going to a cpp level to closed case within 2 days ?? Seems a little confusing ?

Bossman1959

Re: Case closed

Post by Bossman1959 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Hi icantbeleiveit

I am so glad to hear that the investigation has been closed. As you said, there are no risks and never have been.

I would imagine that on face value they were thinking that the male was abusive( as the allegation was around domestic abuse) hence the children could be at risk if not of the actual abuse, but then listening or seeing some one being abused.

Clearly you put your point across and they did listen. However with domestic abuse there is potential to not make waves due to low self esteem. So they felt there was room for doubt, this I would say was cleared up by the children who have no knowledge of any DV/DA.

They may have also been in touch with the man in question and he has confirmed what you have said. It is possible if they can get the paperwork together that it can take just a day or two to decide no case to answer.

So now I say to you... enjoy your life and children.

Cantbelieveit25

Post by Cantbelieveit25 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:14 pm

Thank you Bossman, I'm just feeling skeptical that is too good to be true as its odd I was told it was going to cpp forn2 days later saying its not and it will be closed. I really pray she has got it right .....

Bossman1959

Post by Bossman1959 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:42 pm

I hear what you are saying, and I beleive that a lot of people would feel the same as you.

I think the only thing i can say is, think posative, for so far the results have been posative. Concentrate on you family and the new baby when it arrives.. 🙂

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:33 pm

Dear Cantbelieveit25,

Thank you for your update. You say that you were informed that your children would be placed on a child protection plan - however, since then, the social worker has spoken to your children and has informed you that this case will be closed due to there being no identifiable risk. You would like to know whether this means this case is closed and what happens next.

It appears from what you say that the social worker initiated child protection enquiries due to initial concerns - and that since then, they have decided not to proceed to a child protection conference and to that no further action is required. This is encouraging news and you must feel relieved. The social worker should now include their findings in their final assessment, including the reasons that no further action is required and this report should be shared with your prior to the case being officially closed.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

Cantbelieveit25

Post by Cantbelieveit25 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:18 pm

Thank you both for your replies. I've still not heard or had any paperwork as of yet. This is making me very nervous as I feel maybe they have changed their mind to close down. I am going to be induced any time now and I'm terrified they are waiting so they can come and take my little one. :( I dont want to contact them . I dont know if they have put anything on my medical records. I just want an answer now.

Cantbelieveit25

Post by Cantbelieveit25 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:29 am

Anyone ? Still not a dicky bird , not one letter , nothing since the 22nd on September then that phone call. I'm currently being induced and I'm crying everyday thinking they are waiting and going to come and take my baby from me. This is the worst pregnancy ive ever had in my life and wouldn't wish this worry on anyone.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:30 pm

Dear Cantbelieveit25

Thank you for your further posts. I am sorry that I was not able to reply to them sooner. I can see that you were feeling very anxious as you had not received any case closure paperwork and this made you feel very worried about any potential removal of your new-born, although children’s services had verbally told you they were not going to stay involved and would close the case.

I think your baby is likely to have been born now as you were being induced last time you posted. I hope all is well with you and baby and that you have been properly reassured (in writing) by children’s services that they are not planning on staying involved. Social workers are expected to be sensitive to the distress social work interventions can cause and should seek to minimise distress wherever possible. Pregnancy and birth can be particularly stressful so I am sorry to hear that this was such a difficult time for you. You may want to give some feedback to children’s services about this , if appropriate.

I hope you have some family and friends support to help.

Please do post back if children’s services have remained involved for any reason and if you need any further advice. Also if you would like to update on the baby’s arrival. If you prefer, please ring the freephone advice line on 0808 801 0366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm.

With best wishes

Suzie