Supervised contact centre- sex offenders

majestictopaz15

Supervised contact centre- sex offenders

Post by majestictopaz15 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:38 pm

My partner was convicted less than two years ago for possession and distribution of iiocs and other horrible images and vids. He is on the SOR, has a SHPO and has less than a year left on probation.

He is currently working on getting supervised visitation rights through a contact centre to be agreed by the family courts for his kids. His ex doesn't want him to have any access to his kids at all and he has not seen or spoken to them in nearly four years.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation to let me know if child sex offenders have got courts to agree to supervised visitation at contact centres?

Have parents been able to get courts to impose visitation rights when the other parent is against it?

Can sex offenders even use contact centre? (He has asked some local ones and they said that they can accommodate if a court allows, but I have seen from another person they were told it wasn't possible...)

We had thought the use of a contact centre would be the best option as risk mitigation in the eyes of the authorities and to also help reconnect with his kids in a neutral environment. They are still quite young.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Supervised contact centre- sex offenders

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:47 am

Dear majestictopaz15

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Board, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

From what you write your partner is applying for contact with his children through a Child Arrangements Order and may have to await the outcome of the court case before he can put his plans in place. Whatever the outcome all parties should comply with the order.

For general information here is a link to the National Association of Child Contact Centres.

Best wishes

Suzie