Post Adoption Contact

€thisy

Post Adoption Contact

Post by €thisy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:41 pm

I have 3 children. Currently 13, 9 and 8.
The two youngest were pre birth child protection and my oldest was placed in a permanent placement after the judge ruled not enough in the home life had changed.
Ive approached the court of appeal for a direct contact order and been refused.
I also approached the European court of human rights as i felt the way and age of the children when removed breached the rights included in the 1998 Act.
Ive spent a decade sending and recieving letters, cards, photos. Im happy to say the children appear happy, settled and loved.
My two eldest are together and youngest with original foster carers. They have a sibling contact arrangement in place which has been ongoing since 2013.
In 2015 i used part of the childrens and families act to request a variation of contact. I was awarded it and in 2016 was allowed to send the 3 children an up to date photo of me.
I recently got advice from two independent social workers from BASW who advised that my court applications may be to personal but as my oldest turns 14 later this year the Gillick convention may hold some weight in court regarding a child's right to make decisions for themselves.
I plan on going back to court later this year and requesting a variation which will allow direct contact to begin.
Ive not seen the childrens father since 2011. Ive tried requesting a guardian is appointed to establish views, ive even approached a mediation centre and written up a parenting plan.
I really struggle talking in court.
The solicitors ive approached are quoting in excess of £3000 with no guarantee of the case even making it to court. It costs me £170 to make a direct application. Ive tried McKenzie friends and the BarPro Bono unit but never had any support speaking in court.
The social workers have been there and Cafcass.
I was advised to approach this group by Helping Hands set up by the Childrens Commissioner.
I wont be filing any paperwork until January next year at the latest. Im trying to gauge the courts time scales with birthdays, school holidays etc as my child enters into year 9 this September.
Can anyone recommend a peer support or advocate thats not to pricey but would be able to support me in making my application??