parenting course

AC034

parenting course

Post by AC034 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi, I have been advised by my ex partners solicator for me to gain access to my son again i need to attend a parenting course. They did not specify what course to go on. I live in small town (in devon) with not many oppotunities for this, i have contacted local children centres with no luck on parenting courses or workshops avalible. I want to know if online parenting courses are good enough? I have found two courses Triple P (positive parenting program) that ive read is approved by CAFCASS and the second called solihull approach parenting course that has a goverment CANparent quality mark/ certificate upon completion.

Are these courses worth it in my situation ? Or is their any where else i could look.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: parenting course

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Dear AC034

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I am sorry you seem to be having difficulties having contact with your son at this time.

Regarding your question about parenting courses, the Triple P parenting course is a very popular one which I am sure would be satisfactory. I suggest you check with the solicitor that this is acceptable. Are you currently in court proceedings or, simply, negotiating contact with your ex-partner.

I suggest you put in your search engine ‘parenting courses in (D****). This will show information for courses and you will be able to identify the ones closest to you.

If you are in court proceedings and do not have a solicitor yourself, or would like more information relating to contact, I suggest you contact Coram Children’s Legal Centre (Child Law Service) on 0300 330 5480. They are able to advise you about contact as it is a private law matter. Their website is here

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best wishes

Suzie

nessie

Post by nessie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi there, I was wondering what happened with you as I had similar experience?
I applied for the same courses well over a year ago when the LA had started legal proceedings. I didn't fight at the last minute meaning my children have been under a care Order for 11 months. I contacted the parenting course providers again stating I had asked 1 year ago to go on these courses (plus a mental health worker put in a referral at the same time) and was told they would get back to me Funnily enough the parenting course providers phoned me a few months back to say I would not be accepted on the course as my children are in Care and I have such little contact.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Dear N