Not sure what to do.

PleaseHelp87

Not sure what to do.

Post by PleaseHelp87 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:48 am

Hi everyone,

Please can I have some advise? I was investigated for iioc in March after speaking to my GP. My GP informed CS and the Police. I was told to leave my family home and have no contact with my three children by a Social worker.
I have ultimately destroyed my family and relationship. Just for asking for help from my GP. I was section after failed suicide attempts.
The police investigation took months and turned out a negative result. But because I informed my GP and Phycologist in hospital of actions (iioc, low amount. No extream class images or contact offences) CS are now saying because that can't confirm the nature of the images, they have to presume the worst. Guilty until proven innocent approach.
CS conducted an assessment on my Children and found no concerns. On the assessment it's states my children are from a very loving home and we'll cared for.
I have completed Safer Lives and are now waiting to attend inform plus. The SS told me it's not a tick box exercise and not to bother.
I just want help and my family back. Asking my GP for help was a big mistake. But I knew I was having problematic sexual behaviours a sort help.
Lost my family, my job, my home.

Not a day passes when I don't consider ending it. Just can't take life anymore.

I'm a great dad. Whom loves his children more than his last breath.

Daddyof2

Re: Not sure what to do.

Post by Daddyof2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:40 pm

I really feel for you. I too was investigated and no charges made. In my case, despite this, CS have decreed that all contact with my children must be supervised until they are 18, which in my case is over 10 years. They weren’t happy until my wife ended our marriage. If the terms are broken or if she decided she wants to make a go of things, they have threatened to escalate the case, although they have not been specific what this means. Currently it is CIN only, and is now closed so long as the terms are followed. If feels draconian. You have my sympathy. I know exactly how you feel.

DesperateDad

Re: Not sure what to do.

Post by DesperateDad » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:24 am

You both have my sympathy too. We live in a time/society where the practices of social services are governed by a fair amount of nonsensical rules which are not only draconian, but intimately aren’t best for the children either. A system was designed to protect our children and support us, but actually punishes at the first available opportunity, relishes the power in the hands of a few individual ‘professionals’ who are incapable of seeing the bigger picture, and which focuses on a punishment/short-term tick-box solution rather than looking at causes and healthier ways forward.
I wish you luck, but don’t let them be the cause of your decisions around how you go forth and keep going