law review

Basil

law review

Post by Basil » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:13 am

Hi can you please tell me if you are due for a second lac review do you get a report from social worker before the review?

Murray72

Re: law review

Post by Murray72 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:53 pm

No you get an invitation to attend the LAC in the the form of a letter from the IRO with a consultation form attached for you to complete, the only report you recieve is a copy of minutes after the meeting, I always speak with my Child's SW prior to LAC review and IRO will speak to you prior to the meeting.

Hope you find this helpful.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:49 am

Hi Basil

Just to add to Murray's helpful post, in most Local Authorities, it is seen as good practice for a social work report to be prepared in advance of each Looked After Review. However, it seems there is not a consistent approach across the board, and that some boroughs are more relaxed about this than others. This means it is not always standard practice, for the report to be available to all parties, in advance of each Looked After Review meeting.

Please ensure at the very least, you receive a copy of the consultation form well in advance, and ideally speak to the Independent Review Officer beforehand. Ensure from speaking with the Social Worker, you have a good understanding of how they propose to update the care plan, which should be done in consultation with you, your child (and any other key parties), families, professionals including a child's guardian if they are involved.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Basil

Post by Basil » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:33 pm

thankyou for you advise. the review has been cancelled until further notice no reason given. reports I only get on the day just before during or after a meeting. really fed up with it. but what can I do. sw only contacts me when she wants me to sign somtthing, yet my child is under s20 which I had no choice in.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:19 pm

|Hi Basil

Thank you for the update

Can I suggest you contact the independent Reviewing Officer to get reasons why the meeting was cancelled, and when you can expect the next meeting to take place.

Best Wishes

Suzie

aldrichsmith525

Post by aldrichsmith525 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 am

You can consult with any low agency. Consider using an experienced mediator, instead. In many states spousal support, child support and asset divisions follow rigid guidelines and can be calculated with, a simple and inexpensive program that can serve, as the basis for mediation.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:05 am

Dear aldrichsmith525,

I think you must be posting from outside the UK. Family Rights Group is an independent charity based in the UK. We give advice on the law and procedure of children services to people who are resident in England and Wales.
Therefore your advice given on this post is not correct for families who live in England and Wales.
Best wishes,
Suzie