S.47 Assesment is misleading, inaccurate and irrelevant

Dad_plus_two

S.47 Assesment is misleading, inaccurate and irrelevant

Postby Dad_plus_two » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: S.47 Assesment is misleading, inaccurate and irrelevant

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:46 pm

Dear Dad plus two

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum.

My name is Suzie, online adviser, at Family Rights Group.

You have given a very comprehensive background relating to events and the involvement that children’s services have had at different times with your family.

It seems that the last period of involvement from children’s services is the most troubling for you as the s.47 enquiries conducted by children’s services has resulted in what you say is report which is ‘fundamentally flawed’ because the information it contains if incorrect in that it includes information which is incorrect or assumptions made by the social worker which has no factual basis. You say you do not trust that children’s service will include a letter stating that you disagree with the content of the report. If you do provide a written account which you believe reflect the correct position in respect of factual matters the children’s services should attach this to the file. I would just like to make it clear that if opinions are expressed then this is a different matter as the social worker or any other professional can express an opinion.

You could of course ensure that the letter or note is attached to the file by making a subsequent request to access your records. Please see our . Alternatively, you could make a formal complaint asking for the record to be amended and if your complaint go as far as the local government ombudsman, then he could require the local authority to make the necessary changes.

If, as you say in your post, you wish to have the assessment quash for the reasons you have stated, then, as with any other public body, you would have to make an application to the court for a judicial review. Please see our advice sheet relating to

I hope you find this helpful. However, should you wish to speak to an adviser, please consider telephoning our free, confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

Best wishes

Suzie

Dad_plus_two

Postby Dad_plus_two » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:02 pm

Thank you, Suzie, for your response. I am grateful.

I fully appreciate the opinions of professionals and understand the importance.
What I am failing to understand is how a social worker can misrepresent information that is clear and precise.

Subject access requests made to ALL agencies have been acknowledged and received in a timely manner. However, a Subject Access Request to the LA has not been acknowledged and sixty days or so have passed. The request was send by Royal Mails "Signed For" service.

Regards

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Dear Dad_plus_two

Thanks for the further information. I am sorry to hear that you have had no response from the local authority in relation to your access to records request which you wisely sent by a signed for delivery service.

As you no doubt are fully aware, you should have received a copy of the information you requested within 40 days – the exception to this being if certain exemptions apply (which you can read about on pages 3 – 4 of our ). Even if the local authority asserts that such exemptions apply they should still write to you promptly and tell you why.

Perhaps you could send a follow up asking for an acknowledgement of your request, clarification of when you will receive the information or a full explanation if there is a reason why the local authority cannot provide this.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie

Dad_plus_two

Postby Dad_plus_two » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:48 am

Dad_plus_two

Postby Dad_plus_two » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:37 pm

UPDATE:
I now have all the information requested from SAR requests from various agencies. This information received contradicts the information forming the basis of the Children Services Reports as previously mentioned in original post. I suggest that there has been a breach of The Data Protection Act 1998 and The Human Rights Act. I have identified several concerns and would like to seek advice or legal help for a remedy.

I am extremely concerned that CS, whilst conducting a s.47 assessment, contacted my GP, My Children's School, Local Authority Housing Department and various other agencies, and marked the subject of their communications as "Sexual Abuse". Although I understand this WAS the subject of their enquiry, it is also clear to any recipient of the S.47 request for information that I am the one being "investigated".
I believe this is misleading and confirms that the subject of the enquiry is me. I fail to see how one can make a complaint to Police AND CS about ONE incident where my child reported being inappropriately touched by a family member, which I reported to authorities immediately. CS conducted an "Assesment" had NO concerns about my children "Suffering or likely to suffer significant harm" at the time so closed the case. They offered no support at all.

l am also concerned about a response contained in the SAR information received from the County council from the LA Housing Department to the s.47 enquiry it received from CS. A Housing Officer has provided a response where she states " Have a look on Mr x's (me) website. His public profile shows that he worked at a Children's Hospital". The implication here is pretty clear and potentially damaging and certainly needs to be redressed. A similar incident happened when I took my child to my GP for not drinking enough water. Rather than taking a urine sample for analysis, he proceeded to carry out an inspection of her vagina in the presence of a chaperone. I suggest that this would not normally have happened and that both the Housing Officer AND my GP have reacted to the request for information from CS where the subject was marked as Child Abuse in their communications.

This is soul destroying.

Can I instruct a solicitor to act for me under the legal aid scheme? Can I get advice on how I should deal with the matter?

Looking forward to any response.

Dad + two

Beanie

Postby Beanie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi Dad +2. Thanks for you reply on my discussion post - I thought I'd have a look at what you'd posted to see where you were at. Your complaint sounds so similar to mine! I find it totally unbelievable that CS can make decisions on "probability" only, without viewing ALL the evidence, and not have to answer to anyone. And their totally biased paperwork, which we found to be often inaccurate and misleading (as did you), cannot be changed nor disputed! It's like living in a totalitarian society!
I hope you get things sorted soon. Keep us all updated!
Beanie

Dad_plus_two

Postby Dad_plus_two » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Dad_plus_two

Postby Dad_plus_two » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:55 pm

Update:

Stage 1 complaint made to LA.

A response received from LA Customer Service Team acknowledging the complaint and informing me that the very person (Social Worker now a Team Manager), that is the subject of my complaint will be investigating my complaint in accordance with Complaints regulations and the Council's Corporate Complaints Procedure. :shock: :o :roll:

Return to “Are social workers worried about your child?”