Match for adoption

twilight1107

Match for adoption

Post by twilight1107 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi, my sons have been matched just after 2 months after the judgement, the L A have not proceeded with the match because we have applied to appeal the Care Orders. LA are saying they are taking action, what does this mean please??

Also is there anything I can do as it's only been 3 moths since judgement therefore not enough change to show in their eyes, even thou we have come so far in our therapy ect.

Thank-you

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Match for adoption

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:00 am

Dear Twilight1107,

A placement order, give children services the legal authority to place your sons with prospective adopters, even if you, do not agree.
So they could start moving your children, unless the placement order is revoked by the court or there is a temporary order such as an injunction stopping them from doing this.
You say they have agreed to hold off until things are clearer with your appeal.
But children services are giving you mixed messages. On the one hand, they say they are not going to place your son with adopters, to wait to see what happens with your appeal. On the other hand, they say they are taking action.
You need to clarify things as soon as you can.
Do you have anything in writing from children services such as an undertaking from them that they are not moving your sons to the prospective adopters?
If you have solicitors acting for you, speak to them urgently.
Alternatively call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,
Suzie

twilight1107

Post by twilight1107 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:48 am

Hi Suzie

In a email from L A solicitor it says that they can't go ahead with any matching meetings yet but are taking action, that's all I know at this stage.

Been told by legal team that L A know it's wrong to try and move the children whilst waiting from the appeal, still waiting on if the order to Stay is granted, by the Court of Appeal.

The L A response to the Appeal says obviously going against my reasons to appeal but says I have come far in my therapy but was determined to stay with the father, puts a new light on things, hopefully the Appeal gets granted.

Regards
C****
****amended by Suzie for reasons of confidentiality.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:52 am

Hi Twilight1107,

Good luck with your appeal.
Is the local authority also acknowledging that you have shown changes that will have a positive impact on your parenting? You’re your therapy has worked very well? How are they viewing dad?

Best wishes,

Suzie

twilight1107

Post by twilight1107 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Hello Suzie

No L A still want there adoption care plan unfortunately.

The know our therapy is going well but still sticking to their plans.

They arn't happy with with my kids dad, and he has further to go in therapy as it took him awhile to open up. We both went of onnour own backs, start going to therapy, but was not in the timescales to change, just hope the appeal listens.

Regards
C****

Edited by Suzie to protect confidentiality

twilight1107

Post by twilight1107 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Hello Suzie

Appeal got turn't down.

But applied to revoke. It has now been 7 months since the court order. So hoping that enough change can be proven.

twilight1107 wrote:Hello Suzie

No L A still want there adoption care plan unfortunately.

The know our therapy is going well but still sticking to their plans.

They arn't happy with with my kids dad, and he has further to go in therapy as it took him awhile to open up. We both went of onnour own backs, start going to therapy, but was not in the timescales to change, just hope the appeal listens.

Regards
C****

Edited by Suzie to protect confidentiality

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Dear twilight1107

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that your appeal was turned down. I see that you have posted a new query under the title ‘revoke placement order’ and we will reply to you there as soon as possible.

Best wishes

Suzie