Has any one gone back to court to show change?

twilight1107

Has any one gone back to court to show change?

Post by twilight1107 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:09 am

Has any one or do you know if it is possible to revoke placement or adoption order and showed change?

Is it realy possible?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Has any one gone back to court to show change?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:35 am

Dear Twilight1107,

Welcome to the parents Forum.

I don't know whether any of the other users have experience of going back to court to try and revoke a placement order. if any one has, they could post here as well.

Before a court can make a placement order, it has to first consider whether any of the following people can care for the child:
1. Mum and/or dad.

2. Any family or friends or people “connected” to the child who have put themselves forward. This could be immediate family and friends or distant family and friends, who live in different parts of the country or the world.

3. Then the court considers whether long term foster care is an option. So that a child remains under a full care order. This often happens with children who may be difficult to adopt-because they are older children, for example.

4. Only if the court rules out all of the above, then adoption will be considered. So adoption should be a last resort.

Back to your questions.

Can a parent revoke an adoption order?

Once an adoption order has been made then the answer is no.
Adoption means that mum and dads parental responsibility is taken away and a child is usually placed within a completely new family until they are 18. Contact, is usually very limited, often only by letters and cards.

Can a parent revoke a placement order?

It is very rare for a placement order to be revoked. However, it can happen.
A placement order is made by the court, when the court has ruled out other options-such as mum or dad or family and friends.
A placement order gives the adoption agency the authority to place a child with prospective adopters even if the parent did not agree.
So if your child was under a placement order, he will either still be in foster care, waiting for adopters or will have already moved to adopters.

Adopters have to wait a while before they can make an application for an adoption order.

To revoke a placement order, a parent would first of all have to apply for permission of the court to make an application.
The parent would have to show 2 things:
1. That there has been a change in circumstances since the placement order was made.
2. That it is in the “best interests” of the child for the placement order to be revoked. The court would look at the “welfare checklist” when deciding.

Do you know why the court made a placement order? To find out you could check the court written judgment or reasons.

What has changed in your situation? Or are there any family or friends who did not know about the care proceedings and who could put themselves forward?
Where is your child living at the moment?
Have you discussed your case with your solicitor?

By law, you should have been offered a support worker, independent from the social worker to help you around the issues of adoption as well as counselling and written information about adoption and related issues. Has this happened?
You could also contact the birth ties who give advice to birth families.

Please post back or you could call our advice line on 0808 801 0366 to discuss your options.

Best wishes,

Suzie

twilight1107

Post by twilight1107 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:19 pm

Hello Suzie

The placement order granted because of some abuse to my older two children, the judgement made some findings, but more of not the allegations but the experience because of further therapy and parent work the kids can't wait.

Our psychologist assessment came out last May saying we need to undertake 12 months therapy, we have done 6 months already, some parent work needs to be done which we will have completed by 6 months, then if my children arn't adopted then we will be applying to revoke placement order to show change.

As it is also in best children's interest, if they are still havn't been matched then surley best intrest is for kids to go home if change has been proven.

I haven't got a worker, only the social worker who is in the childrens life who is there if we have questions ect.

Than you.

NP123

Post by NP123 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 pm

How old are your children and when is the final court hearing do you have the 21 week scale plan? And who abused the children?

A123

Post by A123 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:29 pm

i got permission from the court to have a revoke hearing the full 26 as i proved significant change by having another psychological assessment a year after the 1st and all the mental health conditions had gone i was paying for private therapy court was told by my mental health team who were closing my case i was too stable but the court appoint psychologist argued i needed them ect well they carried on with their plan anyway 6 months after the final hearing i had a positive psychological assessment but lost the case due lack of time now i have a date the adoption order hearing in 2/3 weeks waiting to see if i can get legal aid again i know i can prove the significant changes there was other changes but that was the biggest if i cant get legal aid then i will obviously fight the case myself against a different judge