Updated with the most amazing news!!

Saraheve

Re: Updated with the most amazing news!!

Post by Saraheve » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:52 am

Hi i am so happy for you. I really need advice as I desperately want my son home. Will I need to pay for a independent social worker. I have asked the social services if they will receive assess me but no response.
Please may you advise me.

alfie1606

Post by alfie1606 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi yes we did have pay for an independent social worker. This was at the advice of the judge. The local authority refused to assess us and never could give a good reason. We applied to court to revoke the care order and the first thing the judge told us was that we had been pre judged and would recommend we get assessed independently. It was the best money spent! No issues where found, report was really positive and the local authority had no choice but to support rehabilitation! Good luck and please ask if you have any other questions or want any more advice.

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:35 pm

HI that's great. I asked my sons social worker if before I go to court to try discharge order in February, can social services access me again. He did not give me a straight answer and said I have to go to court for the judge to give the decision if my son should come home.
He said social services will either support or oppose, I said how important it is for me that social services support and access me again. But by the look of it. I don't think they will be willing to give me a assessment. I was thinking about getting a private assessment before I go to court. The social services never give me straight answers. Thanks any advice will be great x

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:48 pm

I am so happy for you. I believe I can show evidence of positive change. As before I smoked cannibis daily and was constantly arguing with my sons dad. But now his dads moved out and we have stopped arguing and I have stopped smoking cannibis I have weekly tests. But I'm worried they will try and say it's not in my sons interests as they are reducing contact to half terms and they may say his settled. My trust is totally gone from the social services and even though I am doing my best to show evidence of positive change. I feel they will not make it easy. May I ask how long did it take for the rehabilitation contact. Thanks it good to talk.

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Hi i tried talking to my social worker explaining that contact 6 times a year is not in my childs interest. I was told their would be a lac review meeting but my sons social worker is always unsure when the meeting is and I havnt been contacted the the review officer.
The social worker said I have to go back to court to change contact. But the earliest I can do that is February. I feel like social services are just trying to hurt me. Even prisoners have more contact with their children. They know im hurt and they know my son is too but it's like they don't even care. Any further advice.