ANY HELP PLEASE !!CHILDREN IN CARE

Car

Re: ANY HELP PLEASE !!CHILDREN IN CARE

Post by Car » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:22 am

thank you for your help i do still and will have concerns about it but i have contacted the childrens worker and waiting for her to set up a meeting....
i did forget to mention that i do have letter box with my 2 younger children and my other 2 i see i have a unsupervied contact witch means i get to go out with them with no workers at all but that is only once a month but its better then nothing at all
i know i will have to be asseced thats a given but i do intend on working with them as much as they ask im just so worried that they will do the same my partner has had no involment with chiled services at all so im hoping that gose in my faver too the childrens worker has met my partner and i have asked for them to do his checks witch i hope they have as they have not contacted me about it to im asuming that there is no problem there witch i already know there is not i just would like that saticfacion of knowing
thank you for your reply

Ilovemygrandkids

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi took a while to find this site, children have been in care now coming up to 10 months :shock: was a hearing in january but because police hadn't put there report in,had about 4 months to do this, final hearing is set for 16-20 may, now that SW* is recommending that oldest stays where he is, second oldest goes back to dad,and the 2 youngest go up for adoption im devastated :shock: , the SW just didnt care on our assessment to have them, as she said we had no support (neither does the dad but thats nowt is it as she favours him for some reason) and because we have no lifestyle my hubby works 72 hours a week.. didn't have one when my 2 were kids but didn't stop us taking them places ,i don't see how she can do this my ex son in law caused the bruising to A's back and yet my daughter is being punished for it,but the sw* is all for the dad???? :twisted: I can't live without my grandchildren :(

* moderated by Suzie as breached rule 9 of the board rules.

Ilovemygrandkids

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:01 pm

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS FORUM IF NO ONE AROUND TO HELP, GIVE YOU ADVICE OR MORAL SUPPORT. :shock: :mrgreen: :shock: :shock: :cry: :x :(

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:32 am

Hi Ilovemygrandkids,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post.

I am also sorry to hear about the local authority's plans for your grandchildren. I can see why you are so distressed.
However, the final hearing has yet to take place. The court will listen to all the evidence, not just children's service position. They will need to prove their case.

Mum working with her solicitor

Is mum able to work well with her legal team? All the evidence will be filed during the final few weeks. It is crucial that she continues working with them a this stage.
Have they advised her of the likely outcome of the final hearing?

What does mum’s assessment say? Is there anything that she could start addressing? So for example if she was a victim of domestic violence, is she accessing all the support she needs?

Is there anyone else in the children network who could care for them?.

Adoption should only happen as a last resort, if no other option will do.

Is there anyone else in the friend or family network who could be assessed to care for your grandchildren long term?
This could be someone who lives in a different part of the UK, or abroad. Is there any distant family member who has not been considered?

If there could be, get them to contact children services and Mum’s solicitor or the court as a matter of urgency. There may be a slight chance of getting the court to postpone the final hearing so that they can be assessed.

Did a family group conference ever take place? This can be used to look for family and friends to care for the children long term, to avoid adoption.

Your assessment was negative. Has the social worker explained why? Have you got any chance of fighting this? What did the children’s cafcass guardian say?
Can you take urgent legal advice? What does mums solicitor say?

It is very late in the day but have you:
• Asked for an independent social work assessment of you?
• Have you considered asking the court to allow you to be joined as a party to the proceedings? Have you considered applying for a
child arrangement orders for the children?

You could seek urgent legal advice about what your options are. To find a solicitor in your area look at the Law society-find a solicitor.

Please post back or call our advice line on 0808 801 0366 to discuss your options.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Ilovemygrandkids

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:17 pm

hi sad sad sad news im broken hearted :cry: they will not give my daughter the children back, even though the so called dad got one back, youngest is going up for adoption, and other 2 staying where they, how can they do this?, she didn't do anything wrong except phone SS up to report him hitting eldest son and she gets punished for it, she has brought them children up with no problems they were not neglected, starved,They were well loved well looked after and this happens, can't believe it im in shock, cant stop crying, hate the ******. sorry for language but im fuming.so anyone who has kids in care can kiss them good bye :(
I never even got a look in with them i was a NO BODY :shock: stupid **** said because we never went out we were no good for the children WTF ? my husband was prepared to pack his job in to help look after them, just because she didn't like my daughter she took a dislike to us for same reason

13 months since they were taken for what NOTHING!! :| what happened to this 26 week thing,? the social services whatever they are called are *** ridiculous ,don't want to hear they are only doing there job what job,to drag kids screaming away for something the dad did.its a joke !! lost my grandhchildren now :shock:

*** Post edited by Suzie to comply with rule 9 of the forum rules. .

Minnie

Post by Minnie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:26 am

Hi

This sounds very familiar, the social services involvement started with my children’s father hurting my daughter on an overnight stay with him. We went through the 26 weeks process and the children have just been returned to him because I was seen to be unable to manage my youngest daughter's behaviour. He has been domestically abusive to me and my social worker has said it didn't happen.

Ilovemygrandkids

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:38 pm

Feel sorry for you hun, seem all in favour of fathers these *** SS :shock:

****edited by Suzie to comply with the forum rules.

Minnie

Post by Minnie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:25 am

Both my daughters want to be me with and they haven't been listened to. My oldest said to me can I come and live with you when I'm 18,that broke my heart. The delightful specimen that is their father called my daughter in front of the contact worker,luckily she wasn't there. He has manipulated the whole of the last 8 months to portray me as the bad parent. The social worker spent 8 months making my life hell as well. He tried to build a case against me so I didn't get the children. I lost my children because I wasn't showing enough evidence that I could manage my daughter's behaviour, I was having supervised contact. Her behaviour deteriorated everywhere,school and foster placement. Far more than with me.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:43 am

Dear ilovemygrandkids,

I am so sorry to hear about the outcome of the care proceedings. I can see how devastated you are.

Has your daughter taken advice from her solicitor about what options she might have at this stage?
She (or you) could also contact our advice line to discuss the different legal outcomes.

From what you say, she will be keeping the legal parental responsibility for her older children.
This will keep options open for her children to be re-unified with her in the future. Are there orders for her to have contact with her children?
What about your contact with the children? What did the court say about this?

I am sorry that one of her children will be considered for adoption.

Here is some information about what adoption means.

Your daughter will have a right to an adoption support worker. You as grandmother can also request an assessment for support around the adoption process. To finds out about support around the adoption process you could contact the charity After Adoption who also have a helpline called “Birth ties” for the birth family of children who might be adopted.

I am so sorry about the outcome.

Best wishes,

Ilovemygrandkids

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:44 pm

hi thx for the reply, im still not quite sure what happened in court as she is still very upset about it she just told me main reasons,of them staying in care and little un getting adopted, yes she is still having contact not sure where i stand as like i said im a nobody even the SS have said this so i don't count, my daughter is devastated losing the little one as she can't have any more children, still in shock to be honest there is NO need for him to be adopted :cry: