SGO

chrissy

Re: SGO

Post by chrissy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:50 pm

Update
I have had my risk assessment done, I now have unsupervised for one and half hours for 2 weeks but then can meet up with my older daughter to supervise the rest of the hours.
It was so nice being able to pick daughter up on my own even for short time. The following 2 weeks will be 3 hours unsupervised. The sw said she will then review it.
We have another lac review end of september, my daughter was told she would have the decision then weather the sgo will go ahead of they will support her to come home. Sadly the sw has said all assessments won't be done in time, although the IRO, daughters advocate and a solicitor I went to see have all said it should be.
My sister and I are still awkward it's the odd txt as and when we have to. I'm not letting any thing get to me I'm staying focused on getting daughter home.
The sw said the parenting course should only take couple of weeks, she has even said to me it's not ideal daughter being at sisters. Stuff being said about me is now positive so that makes me feel better.
I'm so glad I did that course, it has opened my eyes to a lot of stuff it isn't just common sense as I thought it would be.
I'm feeling a lot stronger now and more focused.
I have a little concern though that daughter will change her mind and want stay at sisters because she is demanding I buy her stuff and I refuse unless it's some thing she needs. I don't want to buy her every thing like a bribe to come home I want her to want to. We have fantastic contact and phone contact. She does act like a 10 year old teenager at the moment with attitude some times, but I put my foot down.
My advise to any one is, if they have the slightest doubt children want to come home fight for it, you might or not win but give it your best shot.
My fingers are crossed
Xx

chrissy

Post by chrissy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:52 pm

Update
I have had my risk assessment done, I now have unsupervised for one and half hours for 2 weeks but then can meet up with my older daughter to supervise the rest of the hours.
It was so nice being able to pick daughter up on my own even for short time. The following 2 weeks will be 3 hours unsupervised. The sw said she will then review it.
We have another lac review end of september, my daughter was told she would have the decision then weather the sgo will go ahead of they will support her to come home. Sadly the sw has said all assessments won't be done in time, although the IRO, daughters advocate and a solicitor I went to see have all said it should be.
My sister and I are still awkward it's the odd txt as and when we have to. I'm not letting any thing get to me I'm staying focused on getting daughter home.
The sw said the parenting course should only take couple of weeks, she has even said to me it's not ideal daughter being at sisters. Stuff being said about me is now positive so that makes me feel better.
I'm so glad I did that course, it has opened my eyes to a lot of stuff it isn't just common sense as I thought it would be.
I'm feeling a lot stronger now and more focused.
I have a little concern though that daughter will change her mind and want stay at sisters because she is demanding I buy her stuff and I refuse unless it's some thing she needs. I don't want to buy her every thing like a bribe to come home I want her to want to. We have fantastic contact and phone contact. She does act like a 10 year old teenager at the moment with attitude some times, but I put my foot down.
My advise to any one is, if they have the slightest doubt children want to come home fight for it, you might or not win but give it your best shot.
My fingers are crossed
Xx

proudmum

Post by proudmum » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:18 pm

Good luck getting your daughter home...... I look forward to your next update Crissy!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Hello chrissy

Thank you for your further post.

I am pleased to see that things are going well for you now and you are feeling a lot more positive about things now.

It is great that you have shared your positive experience which I am sure will give encouragement to other posters.

You are doing the right thing not pandering to your daughter as she will use it to play you and her aunt off against each other. She needs boundaries and has to understand that you are not trying to buy her affections but as her mother have genuine concerns about her wellbeing. If you give in and she comes to live with you, it might cause a lot of problems as she will expect to have things just as she wants and push against your boundaries and discipline.

Well done and keep up the good work you are doing.

Best wishes

Suzie