ANY HELP PLEASE !!CHILDREN IN CARE

Ilovemygrandkids

ANY HELP PLEASE !!CHILDREN IN CARE

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi new here so bare with me please, its 9 weeks since my 4 grandchildren were taking into care :( to cut a long story short, my daughter and her husband split up in april(he was abusive at first but not near the end)he ended up getting the 2nd eldset as my daughter couldn't cope with his behaviour he disrupted whole house hold, mind he was a little **** lol, anyway he had the children over the weekend and when my daughter was bathing them she noticed a bruise on Ajs back so she called police, they said they would look into and phone social services, anyway by the friday my daughter told me that i would have to have the children over the weekend until they found some where else for them on the monday :o the weekend came and went and was told SS would come for the children tea time, by this time my daughter had been in touch with her solicitor and was told she didn't have to sign any paperwork, the children were upset as they knew they were going else where, but then i told them my daughter said they didn't have to go they were so happy, then i got a phone call from SS saying they would be here in 15 mins as they got my daughter to sign paperwork :cry: OMG they literally dragged my 4 year old out to the car she was screaming :o the other 2 were crying too,they already had 2nd eldest from school...im allowed to see them once a week :o what is making me mad.angry and upset is that for over a month we have heard oh the court case will be set and you will hear my end of week or monday at latest,and still nothing, no one is saying or doing anything,the bairns are very upset every time we see them, its breaking my heart as there is nothing i can do, its my granddaughters birthday on saturday and can't even see her :( worst thing is there all with seperate families too , there aged 8,6,5 and 2
please please doe's anyone know how long this will all take, will they ever come back home as they have mentioned adoption for the youngest :shock:
Last edited by Ilovemygrandkids on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: ANY HELP PLEASE

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Dear Ilovemygrankids

Welcome to the Family Rights Group Parents’ Forum.

My name is Suzie and I am an Adviser at Family Rights Group.

I am really very sorry that you are having such an upsetting and worrying time due to Children Services’ (new name for social services) involvement with daughter and grandchildren at present.

Your post is unclear as to why Children Services decided to remove the children from your daughter’s care when she reported a bruise she saw to the police. Did the police take any action against her or the child’s father?

It appears that the concerns Children Services have about the children’s welfare had led to the action they have taken to remove them. If your daughter signed a consent for the children to be accommodated, this means Children Services can place them with a foster carer or family, were you not able to have them stay with you?

Have you considered asking Children Services to assess you so you can care for the children? It may help the family to ask Children Services to arrange a Family Group Conference. This will help the family to reach agreement as to who would be able to provide support to the parents or look after the children if they are not able to return to either parent. I am including here a copy of our advice sheet relating to Family Group Conferences for your information.

I am also including a copy of our advice sheet relating to the duties that Children Services have when a child is in the care system.

You say that it has been a month and nothing has happened yet. It may be that Children Services are carrying out parenting assessments of your daughter and the children’s father to see whether the child can be returned home.

If an application is made to the court, this is likely to be for care orders in respect of the children. This would mean if the order is granted then Children Services will share parental responsibility with the parents for the children. A care case now should not take more than 26 weeks from the time of the application to the final Order. I am sending you a copy of our advice sheet about care proceedings here for further information.

Your daughter could ask her solicitor to find out what action is being taken and for a time frame in which any assessment is likely to be completed.

Should you or your daughter wish to speak to an Adviser then, please do telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Ilovemygrandkids

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi Suzie thank you for reply,
sorry for not making it all clear her husband had already been accused of hitting 2nd eldest but because he kept changing his story nothing was done,well same thing is happening here, ex is denying it and trying to blame her new boyfriend who by the way has NEVER touched the kids,but because AJ who suffers from speech and language kept changing his story is reason why they took them :( when they picked the children up for school on the monday 2nd eldest had told CS that mum had come round on the sunday to take them out,she hadn't been near except for to bring something for the dinner and the children never saw her,so instead of asking me they took his word for it and this is why they couldn't stay with me :o my daughter was told over a month ago that they would need to be assessed and interviewed by police,but again haven't heard anything, she phoned her solicitor yesterday to find out what is happening about court case,even though they assured the solicitor it would be sorted by last monday, but now they are saying they're understaffed....now what is going though my head is now they have the children they will take there time to do anything and try and keep them away for good :shock: this is what is upsetting me as i can't do anything about it :(

they did have a meeting to discuss how things were going with the children, i wasn't allowed to go in as the ex didn't want me in,ive also heard if im assessed to take them he doesn't want me having them :o i have been in they're lives longer then him as he kept leaving my daughter,and for some reason CS seem to think he is a better parent as he's taking things to contact for them but i read up and it said not to take anything so it does make us look bad :( also reason he didn't want me in the room incase i tell the truth about what he is really like and sorry but that he is NOT a good father, so what if they do go in his favour :shock:
but no one has asked me anything do i not count :o

Ilovemygrandkids

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:30 pm

hi again my daughter had a meeting on tuesday at granddaughters school, about the hearing saying the paperwork has gone in (they told her it went in over a month ago) said the children need to see a psychologist (again was told they saw one over a month ago) as the children are too emotional :shock:
HELLO what do they expect they have been dragged away from they're family :o , and they want to put an ICO in ??? and reduce contact to once a week for an an hour and half as they're out of house 4 times a week :?: (contact for both parents ) can they do this??? :(

ah man it's all getting to much for me.does this 26 week case start from when they were first taken or when it first goes to court ?? NO christmas this year then :shock: ................oh SW also said she can see them an hour on christmas Eve to give them they're presents

Ilovemygrandkids

Re: ANY HELP PLEASE !!CHILDREN IN CARE

Post by Ilovemygrandkids » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:07 pm

Nice to know people care.NOT!!!!

not that anyone is interested but have court hearing 6 th oct :shock:

charmed1

Post by charmed1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:26 pm

It will be 26 weeks starting from the date the case is listed at the court. That's the date of the first hearing and date you first go to court. 26 weeks isn't in stone and can be lengthened if the judge isn't satisfied that they have all the evidence they need to make a judgement. Hope that helps.

angela1986

Post by angela1986 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:39 am

Hi social services took my 6 kids they took my 2 boys in april and my oldest daughter plus my 3 younger children sepetember of this year my children ages are 12,years old, 11 years old ,9 years old,4 years old ,3,year old and 1 year old i have no idea on what i got to do to get all my children back.we had 2 diffrent social workers when we had a female social worker she past our case on to a male social worker and he said that he would start our case from fresh but he didnt we had a family matters meeting on the 12th march and we did our own rountie but on the 13th march had and a meeting with the social worker and he never given us the chance to put our rountie in ro place as he was taking it to court and we have been to two courts but i have no idea on what to do now to get all my childern back with me if any one can help me then i would love to here off you i need my children back home with me thank you

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:21 pm

Dear Angela1986

My name is Suzie, an adviser from the Family Rights’ Group, an organisation that advises when Childrens’ Services are involved.

I am sorry to hear that your children are no longer in your care.

Do you understand what concerns the Local Authority had about your parenting at the time when they were removed as this will help you to understand the changes you will need to address to help you having any chance of them being returned to you.

It is likely that the solicitor representing you within the care proceedings would have explained the reasons professionals had concerns about your parenting capacity and what level of support had been offered to you.

Initially, you will need to demonstrate that you have made significant changes to your circumstances from the time they were placed in the care system, and that you have the ability to sustain any changes you have been able to make.

If you could respond to some of these questions, it would be help me to be able to give you more accurate advice.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Car

Post by Car » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:42 am

hi my name is car and sadley i had my 4 children taken away 3yrs ago thid month so its very hard this time of the yr
but any way the reson they were put in care is because i was in an abusive relasionship and had its toll on my kids very badly and i suffured there after of anxiaty and panic atacks also depression my 2 younger children were adopted there ages at the time was 3month and 2yrs but my other childern have only been fosterd and i do still then every month there ages are now 8 and 13 yrs i love my children but i was just not in a very good place to have them i became homless and i was forced back into my abusive relasionship witch didnt help me getting my children home with me but i know they are with grate people that i get along with very well but anyway going off the advice i need.....
im now in a very commited relasionship with a man that has children he knows everything from my past and earlyer this yr he asked if we could have a baby together but i have been really scared to what will happen if i do get pregnant "if i do will i have the baby taken off me "
my partner has never had any problems with child severes and sees all of his kids very reguler with is amasing
i just need some advise to what to do as i have just foind out im now pregnant and i want to be excited about it but im just to scaed if i get one tiny bit of love for this baby it with be ripped away from me please please help me

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Dear Car

Welcome to Family Rights Group Parents’ Forum.

I can see that this time of year is distressing for you as your children were removed from your care at this time. Although 2 of your children were adopted, you do still have contact with your eldest two children which is a good thing. I hope that you at least have letter box contact with the children who were adopted.

It is really good that you recognise the difficulties that you had which led to your children being removed from your care and I do hope that you are engaging with services in relation to your anxiety and depression should you need to.

The fact that your children are in a good foster placement must mean a lot to you and great that you get on with the foster carers as well.
Regarding your pregnancy, as Children Services were previously involved with you, they are likely to be again but this should not make you scared. The situation you were in 3 years ago is very different to where you are now. From what you said in your post, your life has been turned around and you are in a committed relationship with a good man.

Children Services would meet with you both to discuss any concerns they have and would have to carry out an assessment of you and your partner as you are now. This is not to say that they will not look at what happened before, they will, but you are in a better situation now and that will count for a lot.

I am attaching a copy of our advice sheets about family support and child protection for your information. The information below is taken from our frequently asked questions which you can go for more details:

“Q. I am pregnant and have had previous children removed by Children's Services. What can I do to stop them taking this one?
A. In this situation, it is very common to be worried that your new baby could be removed (even if your circumstances have changed) and to avoid contact with professionals until some way into the pregnancy. But this is not a good idea - in fact it is likely to make things much worse for you.
The best thing to do is to:
• stay in regular touch with health professionals to make sure you get the ante-natal care that you and your baby need;
• work with the social worker to make a safe plan for your child for when they are born. This may include:
• you understanding and overcoming the problems which led to your previous children being removed and what support you need with your new baby;
o the social worker saying what support you will be given when the baby is born to help you care for them, ,
o considering whether there is anyone else in the baby's family who is suitable to look after your baby if you cannot.
The social worker will visit you and they will assess whether they think you can look after your baby. In some case if they are worried your baby may be at risk, they might arrange a child protection conference with other professionals can discuss this further. For more information see: advice sheet 9: Child protection procedures
• see a solicitor straight away. They can advise you and help you discuss plans with the social worker, even before your baby is born; and
• discuss with your (and the baby's father's) wider family if there is anyone who could care for your baby safely after the birth if you are not allowed to. If there is, ask those family members to contact the social worker and ask to be assessed as soon as possible.”

Please do read the advice sheets and other information on our website here

I do hope you will find this helpful but should you wish to speak to an adviser, do telephone our free advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

Best wishes

Suzie